No passphrase functionality in 1PW Android app

kmkirlin
kmkirlin
Community Member

I can create pass phrases in 1PW Mac & iOS apps but not in Android app. Why not? When will this feature become available in Android app? This makes it very difficult to sync my 1PW vault between different devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can create pass phrases in 1PW Mac & iOS apps but not in Android app. Why not?

Comments

• kmkirlin
    kmkirlin
    Community Member

Please note: I'm using 1PW for Android v. 6.4.5; 1PW for Mac v. 6.5.2; 1PW for iOS v. 3.5.3

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

I also notice that, not only can it not create passphrases, you can't specify the number of digits and symbols (only whether or not they are included) plus the max password length if 50 (it's been increased at least on the Mac version to 64).

I'm guessing that it's because the Android version is lagging behind the iOS version. You can't see tags at all on the Android version (and also can't sort by tags), previously used passwords and a few other missing features besides.

I'm hoping that we'll see parity between Android and iOS versions in the next few months, the Android version definitely needs some love.

• Hi @kmkirlin and @Martok We have an open issue to consider adding wordlist passwords to our strong password generator on Android, and I'll definitely add your votes, though I can't say when we might be able to implement this.
    ref: OPA-443

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

@Peri thanks for this. IOS devices can generate wordlist passwords too, so really Android devices should have parity with them.

You might also want to suggest that the random password generator on Android is also improved so that it is in line with the desktop version. As I said:

you can't specify the number of digits and symbols (only whether or not they are included) plus the max password length if 50 (it's been increased at least on the Mac version to 64).

I note that iOS can specify the number of digits and symbols just as you can on MacOS (though the max password there is still 50, so that too needs an increase to 64 bits). So if it can be done on iOS, it should too on Android.

It really does feel like Android is lagging behind. I'm sure that development on this version started later than Mac and iOS but now it needs to move towards parity with all other OS's as soon as possible.

• No problem, @Martok. We are indeed hoping to improve our strong password generator on Android and bring it up to par with other platforms. :)

This discussion has been closed.