pop up menu with new version 6.1.308

Options
lisaperlie
lisaperlie
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

After updating my version to 6.1.308, when I use ctrl "|" to fill in my username / password on a website, a popup menu appears in the upper left hand corner. I have attached a snapshot.

1Password Version: 6.1.308
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

@lisaperlie: Is that the "pipe" symbol — the vertical bar? Can you clarify a few things for me?

1. Are you using a non-US keyboard layout that includes this as a regular key (on mine I need to press Shift to get a |)? Or did you mean Ctrl \ (Backslash)?
    2. Have you customized the keyboard shortcut in 1Password Settings > Options > General?
    3. Can you try setting it to a different key combination and see if the same thing happens?

Normally on Windows Alt Space will bring up a window's System menu like that, so that's a new an interesting interaction for me. Let me know what you find!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lisaperlie: I just wanted to followup to say that it sounds like this probably isn't related to the keyboard shortcut itself, at least directly. We've identified a bug in build 308 that actually triggers a mouse event at coordinates 0,0 — which is, of course, the top left corner of the screen. And since you've got the window maximized, that's hitting the corner of Chrome to trigger that menu. We have a fix for this coming though. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

• lisaperlie
    lisaperlie
    Community Member
    Options

ok, glad you found the bug.
    I apologize, I meant control backslash. and no, i have a standard keyboard and the shortcut was working fine in previous versions.

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @lisaperlie,

Thanks for the update, this is definitely fixed already in the latest internal builds. We will ship the fix in the next public beta soon.

This discussion has been closed.