Ever since upgrading to Sierra, performance of 1Password degrades severely

Options
JetForMe
JetForMe
Community Member

Clicking to open the 1Password menu item, entering the password (especially this), command-\ and waiting for the password prompt...these things have become very slow in Sierra. If I restart, or kill 1Password's processes and let them relaunch, performance improves, but eventually gets slow again.

The worst is waiting for 1P to authenticate the main password. It can take 10 seconds or more.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:performance on sierra

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JetForMe: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! You're very, very far behind on updates, so I wonder if that's contributing. Version 6.0.1 as released nearly a year ago. Please download and install the latest version from the AgileBits website:

1Password downloads

Then restart your Mac. Please let me know if that helps!

• JetForMe
    JetForMe
    Community Member
    Options

Uh…I have 6.0.1, as I stated in my post.

• Hi @JetForMe ,

Sorry about that; I think you misunderstood brenty. Version 6.0.1 is old. If you click on his link, you'll see the current version is 6.5.2. Try that and it should work out better.

Regards,
    Kevin

• JetForMe
    JetForMe
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, wow. I wonder why it hasn't been offering me updates. Okay, I'll let you know if the problem reoccurs.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JetForMe

I'm sorry for the trouble. If you want to, can you please go to Preferences in 1Password then Updates, and check that "Automatically check for updates" is enabled? I hope this helps 1Password stay up to date :chuffed: Please let us know how 1Password behaves for you with this newer version!

This discussion has been closed.