To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to sync between ios and osx apps

Options
blaha
blaha
Community Member

So I installed the ios app which is connected for syncing with icloud. I now installed 1password on my mac but it wont sync any of my data stored on my phone. Checking the sync tutorial there should be a sync option on mac under preferences but this is missing. How can I connect/sync the two apps?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• blaha
    blaha
    Community Member
    Options

Figured it out. reinstalled the app on ios and selected add team or family account when starting the app which gave me the option to scan a qrcode which i could generate on the mac app. As I understand it I do not have either a family or team account but the only option to sync apps is to go through this option to be able to scan the qr code. Or am I missing something??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blaha: Indeed, if you setup the app with a 1Password Account (for the 1Password.com subscription service), local vaults are not enabled (and therefore no sync settings for them). If you'd prefer to use local vaults and sync the data yourself though (or would like to use both), you can enable them in 1Password Preferences > Advanced. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.