To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Received email announcing an imminent freeze of my account!? Support ID [#ELT-25448-355]

Options
bradleyk
bradleyk
Community Member

Hello,
Yesterday I got an email that I have just four days left on my trial of 1Password and I need to add a credit card?
I bought 1Password long ago (April 12, 2014 via the Apple App Store) and am concerned that you may be on the brink of freezing my account?
I replied to that email including my account key and received an automated response: Support ID [#ELT-25448-355], but no human response yet.
Please advise!
Thanks,
Bradley Studstrup

1Password Version: 6.5.2 (65202)
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud, I think!

Comments

• bradleyk
    bradleyk
    Community Member
    Options

And I was just looking around in 1Password preferences and my account says it's in trial mode? This is news to me.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There are now two ways of using 1PW, a subscription model and a one-time licence. Accounts refer ONLY to the subscription approach.

So it looks as though you somehow started a trial in the subscription mode, which would require payment after thirty days.

We (probably an AgileBits staff member, which I am not) will get you back on track. Meanwhile, I mention that you can still view and use your passwords even with a frozen trial, you just can't add or edit them.

In the All Vaults section of 1PW do you see a Primary and a Personal vault? What is the Vault for Saving set as? Can you see where your passwords currently are (they may be in either or both of Personal and Primary).

• bradleyk
    bradleyk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response and clarification, especially noting that a frozen account is still usable so mixup isn't as threatening as I assumed. I must have accidentally started things in subscription mode when we replaced the iMac and I installed 1PW on it. Even though I have already purchased 1PW, I wonder if there might be an advantage to switch to a subscription mode ... perhaps for future upgrades?

To answer your questions: on both the replacement iMac and our MacBook Pro, in the All Vaults section I see My Name (with a blue flag — so I think this denotes an account?) and then indented below a Personal vault. The Vault for Saving is set for Personal. Does that sound right?

I'll sit tight for assistance from an AgileBits staffer.

Appreciate you taking time to respond. 1PW is a great product and I suspect the customer support will match it.

Thanks,
    Bradley

• bradleyk
    bradleyk
    Community Member
    Options

Reading more on the forum and AgileBits website and it sounds like when I installed 1PW on the replacement iMac, I must have migrated my data to a subscription-based version. And I got something I hadn't seen before: the Emergency Kit. Which I think is very useful. So it looks like I should probably just subscribe to complete the transition. Just which I knew what I was doing when I installed. I didn't find it particularly intuitive but apparently I managed without really getting what I was doing!

• Jacob
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @bradleyk! It looks like Eva has been talking with you via email and you're all set. :) Glad to hear things worked out. I'm sorry there was some confusion at first.

ref: ELT-25448-355

• bradleyk
    bradleyk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Jacob. The confusion was all mine :)

• No problem at all. :)

This discussion has been closed.