Is Tags 2 ways between 1Password Teams and the Standalone version?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Business and Teams

I have a lot of 1Password Items that are untagged at the time as the 1Password Apps supported Folders. I'm interested to know, if 1Password is reimported back into the Standalone App, what gets preserved and what doesn't? I also have an issue, my fault, when the tags are separated by commas but it appear to be duplicates. I would like to remove duplicate tags from the vaults.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mixed Mac OS and Windows 7.
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wkleem,

Tags on items should always be preserved when moving an item across vaults, regardless of the vault type. If you're seeing otherwise then that's a bug and we'd love to get it fixed up.

I'm not sure I follow the second part of what you're saying though. Can you give me a more concrete example of the duplicate tags scenario?

Thanks

Rick

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @rickfillon,

I'll try to get a screenshot. My issues is that somehow I have, for example, "Demo" and Demo," as two tags but I haven't any idea about where the comma originated from.

The only thing I remember was to save logins as a different name, like "1. Login" and "Login"

• Sounds good. :+1: We look forward to it.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Here are the images.

One each of the logins is in Primary vault and in Teams.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah, I see. It sounds like this is probably due to some inconsistency with how different 1Password versions handle tag creation currently. For example, 1Password for Mac has pretty advanced tag editing, and will convert commas into tag separators on the fly while you type; but the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop and 1Password.com web app convert these only when you save the item. So it's understandable that you might have expected it to work the same in each one. It really should, and we're working on improving that. In the mean time, you can edit them to remove the comma from the tags themselves. This is easiest in 1Password for Mac, since you can right-click a tag to change it globally. Let me know if that helps!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

The problem is that I use Windows 95% of the time. My nearly 8 years old MAC is a shell. Everything is being used externally :( Apple does not make easy choices for consumers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, I see. If it's a pressing matter, you can always edit the tags in the individual items. otherwise it may be worth waiting for the improved item editing in 1Password for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.