Feature Request: Allow specifying touchID only when not using an external monitor / keyboard

rschmukler
rschmukler
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

Hey guys, love the addition of TouchID! I dock my laptop and so when I'm using my external (non-touchID) keyboard I find it annoying to have to click the "Use Password" button... It really slows down the work flow. At the same time, I'd prefer to not take my hands off my Keyboard to go and touch the fingerprint reader.

It'd be great if I could selectively enable / disable touchID depending on whether my monitor is plugged in / an external keyboard is plugged in. Alternatively, if the dialog could be expanded to allow typing the password OR using touch ID (without having to click enter) that would also be a good solution.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:touchid

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rschmukler,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and ideas for how we could improve the Touch ID integration in 1Password! We've heard similar requests from a few other customers, and it's something our developers are investigating. I can't say for sure if or when we'd be able to do something like that, but I'll gladly add your comments to our internal tracker for this. I'm sure some of our developers have a similar setup, so if it's possible, I know they'll want to add these features as well. ;)

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the Touch ID support otherwise! If you need anything else, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: OPM-4618

This discussion has been closed.