No sync icon in 1password preferences

Options
jillianmarieperry
jillianmarieperry
Community Member

I am trying to sync my 1password so that I can use the extension on my iPhone and iPad (the 1password icon does not show up when I click on the "share" button in safari in my phone and click the more options and I assume this is because I haven't synced to iCloud yet on my mac). I purchased the 1password app through the app store (not agile bits) although in the process of trying to get this to work, I did download, and then "move to trash" the agile version on my Mac as well as the app store version MULTIPLE times.
I read a different thread that it has to be the mac app store version, however mine definitely is and the sync option does not show up under preferences when I open 1password on my Mac. For what it's worth, the Wi-fi button also does not show up (not sure what this is for yet, or if I need it).
Thanks in advance for your help.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Sierra OS 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jillianmarieperry,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing your 1Password data! I can definitely help to explain what's going on.

...the sync option does not show up under preferences when I open 1password on my Mac. For what it's worth, the Wi-fi button also does not show up (not sure what this is for yet, or if I need it).

Are you using a 1Password.com account in 1Password on your Mac? If so, and if you don't have any local/standalone vaults (i.e. vaults that aren't part of your 1Password account), you won't see the Sync or WLAN Server (Wi-Fi sync) tabs in Preferences because those settings don't apply to 1Password accounts. You don't need those sync options because the data in your account automatically syncs with our own servers. On another device, all you need to do is sign into your account from the 1Password app, and your data will automatically be downloaded there.

To install and set up 1Password on your iOS devices, you can follow the steps here: Set up the apps (iOS)

I am trying to sync my 1password so that I can use the extension on my iPhone and iPad (the 1password icon does not show up when I click on the "share" button in safari in my phone and click the more options and I assume this is because I haven't synced to iCloud yet on my mac).

It sounds like you may not have installed 1Password on your iOS devices yet, which would explain why you don't see the extension button. Once 1Password is installed and set up on those devices, you can enable & use the extension by following these steps: Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope that helps you get things set up, but if you have more questions or run into any difficulty with that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.