Why is the icon representing Dailymotion different on iOS than macOS in 1Password?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited December 2016 in iOS

I just recently joined the 1Password train. Was using (and still technically am for a period of time) Enpass, but like the extra touches in the 1Password app over Enpass, plus with the subscription model it seems more sustainable than Enpass' model. Although, I must recommend Enpass too, it's a good one.

Moving on...

As I manually add over 300 items to 1Password from Enpass, I came across my Dailymotion login details. I added Dailymotion to the 1Password app on macOS and it added the icon for Dailymotion (which I assume is the favicon?). It then synced and I opened up my 1Password app on iOS to ensure it was complete. However, I have noticed the icons are very different. The one in macOS seems to be the newer version with a blue background and a large lowercase "d" in white text. On the iOS version of the same record, it has an icon of a tower with either waves or lightning strikes coming away from the tip of the tower.

So my question is... why are they different, and how can they be made the same?

From what I can tell, all other icons are the same on both app platforms. In case it matters, the URL used on the record is the following: http://www.dailymotion.com/ca-en

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.12 beta
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Actually now that I look further, I just noticed that the same goes for DigitalOcean, different icons being used. URL for that record is the following: https://cloud.digitalocean.com/login

• Hi @DustinDauncey

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Please try this:

• On the Mac open one of the items in question and enter edit mode
    • Select the icon for the item, while in edit mode, by single left clicking on it (fig 1)
    • Copy the icon to your clipboard (Cmd+C)
    • Paste the icon from the clipboard (Cmd+V)
    • Save the item

Then launch 1Password for iOS and allow it time to sync. See if the correct icon from the Mac is now displayed.

Please let me know how it turns out!

Ben

(fig 1)

This discussion has been closed.