No Dropbox sync option in Sync menu

Wael321
Wael321
Community Member

Hello Agilebits Team and thank you for your agility in replying for our queries. I can't find Dropbox sync option under Settings>Sync. I even uninstalled 1Passowrd and reinstalled but the DB option is still not there. I am finding it very difficult to move my 1password entries between phones..and thought that putting them in DB might help and make backup/restore easier. Please guide me if you could on how to find Dropbox option in Sync on Android 6.
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Window 10
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Wael321: It looks like you may have setup 1Password for Android to use WLAN Server (which only works between a single computer and one or more mobile devices) for syncing. Is that correct? If so, it cannot sync with Dropbox at the same time. If you'd like to switch to Dropbox, you'll need to reinstall the app and setup Dropbox sync instead.

Can you tell me a bit more about the different OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, and what you're trying to accomplish? We'll figure out what the best solution may be. :)

• Wael321
    Wael321
    Community Member

Hello Brenty...I actually synced my 1passowd entries from 1password on my into my empty newly reinstalled Android 1password via WLAN. I chose WLAN because I didn't have 1password backup file on Dropbox. Maybe if there's a way to migrate my entries from PC to my Dropbox account (which I don't know) then maybe I can uninstall and reinstall 1password on Android and then to choose the Dropbox option initially... All I want is be able to backup to Dropbox cloud. Thanks.

• Hey @Wael321. Nice to hear from you again. :)

Do you already have your 1Password vault synced over to your PC, and is your data up to date there? If so, just install Dropbox on the PC, launch 1Password and select Preferences > General > Move to Dropbox. This will move your 1Password vault into Dropbox.

Then launch 1Password on Android and tap Settings > Advanced > Export Primary Vault to create a local backup. Go to your device settings and tap Apps > 1Password > Storage > Clear Data, launch 1Password and tap USE WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT. You should see the Dropbox option on the next screen.

Let me know how that goes!

• reddogco
    reddogco
    Community Member

I have 1PW 6.5.2 on Mac and recently had problems syncing to Android 1PW 6.4.5. using Dropbox as the go between.
    After investigating the 1Password.Agilekeychain folder on Dropbox, I found that these files were quite outdated. So I decided to reset and start from scratch. I disables syncing on Mac and choose the option to delete all files. Then I turned of syncing on the Android (Nougat 7.1.1 on Nexus 5X).
    I proceeded to reinitiate syncing on Mac. I see that the new syncfile is now 1Password.opvault instead of 1Password.AgileKeychain. Fine. But how can I change this on Android. Turning off sync - force stopping the app - restarting the app - turning on Sync has no effect.

Please advise.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@reddogco: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password for Android doesn't have a way to change the sync settings you've configured, but if you reinstall the app you can set it up to point to your new vault (which would really be best anyway to avoid odd conflicts since you've made major changes to the vault setup you're using). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• reddogco
    reddogco
    Community Member

Well that seems to be working.
    Thanks

• Glad to hear brenty was able to help you get things sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.