Exclude specific entries from weak password consideration

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

ref closed suggestion

...is there any timeline to introduce this? I keep showing I have weak passwords when I really don't.

thanks,
james.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JamesHenderson

Thank you very much for letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password. I'm sorry but I can't really offer a timeline of when or if this could be applied. You make a very good point about it though and I wish we get to see it some day :chuffed: I hope that you stay around 1Password so you get to enjoy all the new things we do on a regular basis to improve it!

• akaman
    akaman
    Community Member
    Options

Also am "trying to do the right thing" and change all my weak passwords. I can't ever have it perfect because bank PINs (ATM card PINs) are always weak. Would also like someway to exclude them, to get to "weak password zero".

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@akaman - Thanks for adding your vote, it's much appreciated. As Pilar pointed out, no decision as to if and when has been made, but we'll keep the weak password zero approach in mind. I think that's a good one! :)

• jifster
    jifster
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to register my vote for this request too please!

• Thanks for letting us know this is important to you, @jifster. I too would like to see us make this happen.

Rick

• GeniusRedacted
    GeniusRedacted
    Community Member
    Options

As always, please add my vote to resolving this longstanding issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

To be clear, this is very much by design. But hopefully we'll be able to add more controls in the future.

• cec
    cec
    Community Member
    Options

I too would appreciate this feature. It is already possible using the current feature set, but it is a little clunky and labour intensive:

1. Add a "Weak" tag to any passwords which must be weak by design (like 4 digit PINs), or are out of your control (like public WiFi passwords).
    2. Add a "NoPassword" tag to any items which don't have a password field.
    3. In the Weak Passwords list, set the search options to exclude these tags:

This could be integrated into the UI by allowing users to save custom Search Options used by the Weak Passwords filter, and adding a "Has a Password" search option (this may already be possible, I'm new to 1password so am still figuring it out). This would automate steps 2 and 3, which are the most annoying to have to do.

Cheers,
    Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cec: Indeed, that makes sense. It isn't something we're working on right now, but perhaps this is something we can do as we expand Security Audit in the future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.