To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Using 1Password on other devices

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Standalone to team/family: pricing and migration.

Comments

• tiborczegeldi
    tiborczegeldi
    Community Member
    Options

Can I use my personal account on my iPhone without paying extra every month?

• Hi @tiborczegeldi! I see you emailed us about this as well, so let's keep the conversation going there. Talk to you soon. :)

ref: SKJ-25982-318

• tiborczegeldi
    tiborczegeldi
    Community Member
    Options

I was a happy consumer until two weeks ago.
    I have purchased a one person account from you years ago. Now that account and the trial account also frozen. I understand that you freeze the trial family account, but why is my old personal account is also frozen? I feel like I been tricked into something that now I can't get out of. Please release my personal account make it available as it was. I did enjoy your program till this hiccup. If you can't resolve it, I will have to find a new solution to my present problem. There are probably dozens of programs out there I can substitute yours for. I like to stay with you, but I want it to be the way it was before the family trial.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Frozen family account and Old personal account the same time! Why?

• tiborczegeldi
    tiborczegeldi
    Community Member
    Options

NOW AFTER THE FAMILY TRIAL PERIOD IS OVER, YOU FROZEN IT. THAT IS FINE, I DID NOT SEE MUCH USE FOR IT RIGHT NOW. BUT YOU ALSO FREEZE MY OLD PERSONAL ACCOUNT TOO ON MY iMac TOO. WHY? IT IS VERY DIAPOINTING THAT AN OLD PAID ACCOUNT ALSO FROZEN.

• tiborczegeldi
    tiborczegeldi
    Community Member
    Options

CAN YOU UNFREEZE MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT LIKE THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE THE FAMILY TRIAL, PLEASE?

• @tiborczegeldi Sorry for the confusion. I have merged your posts to keep things organized.

As Rob mentioned via email, the purchase you made several years ago was for 1Password for Mac. To use 1Password on other devices, you can purchase it there or use a 1Password subscription. 1Password for iOS is free, so you can download it and sync your data with iCloud to start using it right away.

Your original purchase didn't include an account, so what you're seeing as frozen is the account. You can still access the data you have stored in 1Password for Mac and edit any items in the vaults that are not in your account. If you still have a Primary vault and haven't moved your data to your account yet, simply sign out of the account if you don't plan to use that in the future:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac.
    2. Choose 1Password -> Preferences, then click Accounts.
    3. Click the Sign Out button in the bottom right.
    4. Repeat this if you have multiple accounts in the app.

You can now use 1Password and your Primary vault as you did before creating an account. :)

If you have moved things to your account, we would be happy to help sort things out via email. Let us know and we'll go from there.

This discussion has been closed.