1Password did not ask to store a newly generated password.

Options
todd_louisville
todd_louisville
Community Member

I used the password generator to create a new password for my Vanguard account. After using the "fill" button to place the new password in the Vanguard fields, I clicked "submit". Vanguard confirmed that my password had been changed successfully, but the 1Password window never appeared to store the new password, so now I have no idea what my password is.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: family account
Referrer: forum-search:vanguard

Comments

• todd_louisville
    todd_louisville
    Community Member
    Options

So the question are 1) why did this happen?, and 2) can I find that randomly generated password in 1Password somewhere, or is it lost forever?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @todd_louisville

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the generated password. I'm not sure why 1Password didn't offer to save the new login, but I have great news for you :chuffed: We have a safe for when this happens and you can find your missing password if you look in the "Passwords" category. Everything that gets copied or filled from the generator is stored there to help you in situations like these. You should be able to find it with a similar name to the site you were at :chuffed:

Please let us know if you find your password and if everything works well for you!

• todd_louisville
    todd_louisville
    Community Member
    Options

Found it! It's great to know the password is findable in these situations. Thanks!

• Hi @todd_louisville ,

Glad to hear your found it. Don't forget to copy that password into the Login item for that site!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.