I bought a new iMac and want to activate my old account on the new computer.

Options
jgoble
jgoble
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

I bought a license in 2014 for 1Password 6. It works on my old computer but i can't seem to activate it on my new iMac. I don't have my license and I can't find my key. I tried looking it up but I was told that there was no account associated with my email. [email removed for privacy].

Help! Please!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:new computer

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

So you have your data in Dropbox? In that case, things should be easy.

I suspect that the problem is that you are setting up 1PW on a new machine. In that case you have the option of connecting to an account (the new subscription model) or of continuing without an account (stand-alone licence). If you continue without an account you will then be asked if you want to set up a new vault or to find your data elsewhere (I am not sure of the exact wording) and you can choose Dropbox. I think your licence gets carried over automatically, you don't have to find the licence file.

• @jgoble,

If you've got a license for 1Password you will probably have success using https://agilebits.com/store/licenses to retrieve it.

Once you have you license file you'll want to double click that file prior to doing any setup in 1Password as the current first run experience doesn't really present some of the options that you might want to take in setting up 1Password a-new. Once 1Password indicates its licensed, quit and relaunch 1Password. The first run should now show you that you can create a new vault instead of setting up a new account.

The other option, if you're syncing your data to iCloud or Dropbox would be to choose the "find your data elsewhere" option on the first run window and then select the location where you've synced your data.

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.