Cannot unlock Vault on Mac, but no problem with iOS

Options
David_Potts
David_Potts
Community Member

1Password
Version 6.5.2 (652002)
Mac App Store

I have my MacBookPro on OS X 10.12.1, I have been using 1Password for a long time, my data in my iCloud account synced with my Phone and Pad. Both my Pad and Phone have no problem unlocking the vault. But under OS X I can no longer unlock it, it keeps saying the Password is invalid, but that same password unlocks fine under iOS.

:(

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• David_Potts
    David_Potts
    Community Member
    Options

EDIT : I deleted the application and re-installed and now it works. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like the app was just damaged. I'm glad to hear that all is well now. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• memcginty1
    memcginty1
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem except I installed Sierra and then reverted back. I have all my data accessible on my iPhone and iPad, but can't get into 1Password from my MacBook Pro now running El Capitan. I would be happy to uninstall the application and reinstall but can't find the application. It is not in my application folder. I purchased from the 1Password directly from the web site. It was a single license purchase. I cannot find a license number. I am lost w/o 1Password on my MBP. I have to look up passwords on my phone and enter manually on web site. My password for 1Password I created for it does not work to open it on MBP. Please help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@memcginty1: You'll need to do a Spotlight search to clear out any copies of the app which are in other places, and then install a fresh copy of 1Password from the AgileBits website. But I see that you've also emailed us, so we can continue the conversation there. I'll get back to your shortly.

ref: EHA-58975-248

This discussion has been closed.