Paid account - sync does not work

tylerf
tylerf
Community Member

I have the 1Password app running on OS X Sierra 10.12. I'm also using the Chrome plugin on the same Mac. I also use the 1Password application on iOS.

When a new password is added to the Mac app, it appears in the iOS app on my phone. However, when a new password is added on my phone, it does not appear in the Mac app or in the Chrome extension.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.6.BETA-1
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @tylerf,

are you using a 1Password.com account or some other means of sync?

Rudy

• tylerf
    tylerf
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

@rudy, thanks for the reply.

I haven't set up any third party syncing so I guess it would be the 1Password account only.

I assumed (perhaps falsely?) that 1Password automatically synced across all devices.

Tyler

• Hi @tylerf,

Do you have a Primary vault on your phone? If so, that explains it. Primary vaults are not part of your account. They're for those without accounts and must be synced through iCloud or Dropbox.

I recommend doing the following:
    1. Open up Settings and click on Vaults > All Vaults
    2. Turn off the Primary vault. This will hide it from the list of vaults when you are looking at your items while "All Vaults" is selected.
    3. Set the Vault for saving to be your Personal Vault.
    4. Now when you create a new item, it will be saved there.

You can also move any items from your Primary vault into your Personal vault and they will automatically sync. To do this:
    1. In the Categories view, switch to the Primary vault
    2. Tap on "All Items"
    3. Move any items you would like synced to your Mac into the Personal vault by pulling down and choosing "Select Items" and selecting the items you want to move, and then tap "Move…"
    4. When you are finished, switch back to "All Vaults"

Your items should now appear on your Mac.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions, let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• tylerf
    tylerf
    Community Member

@ag_kevin thanks for the detailed explanation.

I checked my iOS app and I did have a few entries in the Primary vault, which I moved to my Personal vault.

Will check my OS X app when I get home tonight to see if it's synced the new Personal vault items from iOS.

Thanks again for your help with this. Did not fully understand the two types of vault behaviours.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• tylerf
    tylerf
    Community Member

@ag_kevin yep, that was exactly the issue. Thanks again for your help with this.

Much appreciated.

Tyler

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Kevin, you're quite welcome! I'm very happy to hear his suggestions helped you get it all sorted out.

Hopefully you're all set, but if you need more help or have any questions, just let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.