To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password Anomaly

mcarigs
mcarigs
Community Member

Since using 1Password, I've only changed my master password once for the mobile and desktop apps on my devices and I have each one saved elsewhere along with my Account Key. I hadn't experienced any issues until about 2 months ago when I was prompted with a dialogue box alerting me of having invalid login credentials after (oddly enough) successfully unlocking the app on my desktop device with my current master password. When I open 1Password's preferences and navigate to the Accounts tab, there is a link under my account name 'Trial Mode - Subscribe Now' (Even though I purchased a license) that when clicked only provides an invalid login information dialogue box. When I try to sign into my account via the web browser, it does not accept my current or previous master password. Prior to one of the last iOS updates, the mobile app accepted my master password with no issue. Unfortunately after one of the updates, I had to set up as a new phone rather than restore from a back-up which caused login issues on the mobile app ever since. I've tried signing in by scanning the QR code and also by manually entering my credentials, and have yet to successfully log in on mobile.

So as it stands right now, I'm unable to access my account via iOS application or web browser on my desktop, yet I am able to login via the desktop application and fill my passwords with the Safari extension with no issue other than the desktop app alerting me of invalid login info after successfully logging in already. Not sure what to do here and I'm afraid that if I sign out of the app, I won't be able to sign back in.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @mcarigs! I'm sorry for the trouble. It sounds like there are a few things happening here. We'd be happy to discuss the specifics of your account via email, so I'm going to send you a message and we'll go from there. Talk to you soon! :)

ref: IEW-88756-938

• sipoppa
    sipoppa
    Community Member

I am having the same issues with OS X and a new computer. Please help!

• @sipoppa Sorry to hear that. I'll send you an email about this as I did with mcarigs so we can get things sorted out. Talk to you soon!

ref: QAM-12274-914

This discussion has been closed.