Problem moving items between vaults; receiving "Item References Found" error.

Options
kalani_user
kalani_user
Community Member

Moving all records from a Family Personal Vault to a Family new vault. I received the error Item References Found: One of the items you are moving has a reference to another item. This item reference will be lost in the move. My question is "How do I find out which records have the reference so that I can manually re-add them post move?" or my question is "Why aren't the references just maintained in the new vault?". Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.2 (652003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Item references found

Comments

• Hi @kalani_user! Good question. Items that have references are ones with Documents linked to them. At the moment, the best way to check is to click the Documents category in the sidebar of 1Password for Mac, then go through each Document. The names will have the original item name in the title, such as Emergency Kit - Personal 1Password account, which should make the search easier.

Once you locate the references, you can add them back after moving the items by editing the item that had the Document attached to it, then choosing Link Existing and searching for the attachment.

We're hoping to make this better in the future. Hope this helps for now!

ref: OPM-4327

This discussion has been closed.