To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account frozen :(

Options
dpwhelan
dpwhelan
Community Member

Hi, I have been using 1Password for a few years. I recently wanted to try a better way to sync across devices so I opted to trial the online vault. After 1 month, my account is now frozen ... and it saddens me.

I would have expected some features of the vault/sync to be frozen but I was not happy that I can no longer save or edit etc.

Could you please confirm that my license is still ok (dwhelan AT dpwhelan.com) and provide instructions on how to move forward. I realize can pay for the subscription but I would rather reset back to how I was before the trial started.

Thanks,

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.5.2
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dpwhelan! I'm sorry for the confusion. Your account has frozen because its trial expired. The previous purchases you made of 1Password were separate from your new account, because the account is paid with a subscription. You're welcome to move back to the standalone version of the app if you'd like. You'll lose the benefits of an account, just so you know. You can do this by creating your Primary vault again:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password -> Preferences from the menu bar, then click Advanced.
    3. Check the "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" box and enter your Master Password when prompted. 3.

Then moving your data to it. To move items in 1Password for Mac, select all the items in your current vault by pressing Command A on your keyboard. With the items selected, choose Items -> Share from the menu bar, then select the Primary vault and click Move. Now you can sign out of your account by choosing 1Password -> Preferences -> Accounts -> Sign Out and you should be all set. :)

• dpwhelan
    dpwhelan
    Community Member
    Options

Jacob, that is simply an excellent response. I will try it out. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad Jacob was able to help. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.