Login item shows as a generated password on Android

Options
blicksky
blicksky
Community Member

I have an entry that is of type "Login", and shows in the appropriate section on the Windows and OSX client. However, on Android, this entry shows as a "Password", and is missing most of the information shown on the desktop clients. The total number of "Logins" as displayed on Windows and OSX is one more than the number shown in Android, and the number of "Generated Passwords" shown in Windows and OSX is one less than the number of "Passwords" shown in Android. It seems that for some reason, the Android client is miscategorizing this one entry. Why would this be and what can I do to fix it?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this inconsistency with your 1Password data on your devices. We currently have a bug in 1Password for Android that does not convert a Password item to a Login item when it is converted on a different platform. It sounds like you might be experiencing this issue.

The quick workaround is to reinstall 1Password for Android and reconfigure sync. This will recognize the converted item as a Login item. Could you please try that and let us know if your vault items are consistent between all of your devices? Thanks.

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    Options

I'll give that a shot later when I get a chance, but I don't currently have the version of the Android client that allows for creating or editing entries, so all of my items were converted on a different platform as far as I can tell.

• Sure, let me know when you get a chance to try it. Since 1Password for Android does not allow converting items, it was likely done using 1Password for Mac or Windows.

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    Options

I cleared all app data for the 1Password Android app. The next time I opened it, I went through the process of syncing it to my vault. I can now access the item that wasn't showing as a "Login", and everything else seems to be consistent. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Saad, you are most welcome! I'm glad that helped, but we definitely want to get that fixed too. Thanks for bringing it up!

ref: OPA-365

This discussion has been closed.