Local vault edit feature in 1Password 6

Options

As i say in several months ago, when can i edit my vault in 1Password?
They tell me in the end of this year, there is only about 20 days to next year, but i still can't find this feature.

I don't want use subscribe mode for a password manager, i need all data in control, not hosted on a server which i can't see my vault file.

1Password Version: 6.1.308
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 1607
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @arianelu,

We are building 1Password 6 from scratch and it requires a ton of work (you'll be surprised how many nuances and intricacies are there in 1Password 4 that have to be redone in 1Password 6). Right now 1Password 6 is focused on 1Password accounts and we plan to add the support for local vaults later, but I don't have any timeframe for you at the moment. I am really sorry that the expectations are not met.

If you want to use a local vault and keep your data in control, I would recommend to download 1Password 4 – it fully supports local vaults and works just the way you expect it to work.

Again, I am sorry about this situation. Thank you for using 1Password and being so invested in it. We really appreciate it!

++
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It wasn't an easy decision, but that's one of the many reasons we're building the app from scratch: so we can have things like hi-DPI, touch, and better performance. Thanks for your patience and encouragement! :)

This discussion has been closed.