iCloud syncing not working for MAC OS + IOS

Options
yosemite4
yosemite4
Community Member

1Password1 version 6.5.2
MAC OS 10.10.5
iPhone 10.1.1

I've owned your product for years and it has never synced between my MacBook Pro, iPhone or iPad using iCloud or DropBox. Have had to hand enter in everything between peripherals.

1st question:
When I try to iCloud sync:
Am running Mac OS 10.10.5 on my laptop and 10.1.1 on my iPhone 6 and cannot sync via iCloud per the instructions (and just disabled my library sync). I get a message asking to pick an APP to do the sync: 1Password mini (image attached). It's not in the instructions: [IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/2898xg3.jpg[/IMG]

2nd question:
BACK to LOCAL FOLDER [https://support.1password.com/local-folder/]
At this point, can you please tell me: which vault; what folder???
THEN....
How the do I sync with my iPhone and iPad from the local folder on the MAC? Through iTunes? If this is on the support page of your website, I'm not seeing it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• wcblark5
    wcblark5
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here -- will not sync Mac to iOS despite deleting and reinstalling app on iPhone, changing sync location (iCloud to Dropbox and back).

Mac: MBA 10.12.2 (beta)
    1Password 6.5.2

iOS: 10.1.1
    1Password 6.4.5

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yosemite4: From the screenshot, it looks like either you're using a browser other than Safari, or macOS hasn't registered the URL correctly for some reason. Either way, it should work if you click "Open link". And if this happens repeatedly, be sure to select "Remember my choice" to save yourself the hassle. That should get that part resolved for you.

Folder Sync, however, is not in any way involved in syncing with iCloud. This just allows you to sync a copy of your vault to a specific location on your Mac. It sounds like you don't want to do that.

@yosemite4, @wcblark5: If you're still having trouble, be sure to follow the steps in this guide to narrow down the cause:

iCloud troubleshooting

App don't have any real control over iCloud since it's operated by Apple and managed by the OS, but that will help us get on the right track at least. For example, it isn't possible to sync between two iCloud accounts. Let me know what you find!

• wcblark5
    wcblark5
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I am unable to sync via iCloud or Dropbox but I moved to two factor authentication last week. Would 2FA cause these problems?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wcblark5,

Without some additional information it would be difficult to give a concrete answer to that question.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do include with your email:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/72801/
    • Your forum handle: wcblark5

so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

P.S. Please don't forget to post your Support ID here!

• wcblark5
    wcblark5
    Community Member
    Options

Done and done.

iOS diagnostics: #LJV-66181-791
    Mac OS diagnostics: #RRS-55286-425

• Ben
    Options

Got them, @wcblark5, thanks! We'll continue the conversation via email. :)

Ben

ref: RRS-55286-425

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

[#FGV-49424-567]

Brenty,
    Can you suggest where on my MAC, which folder, I should sync to for the time being? I'm afraid none of the support you offered was helpful. It took three days for Agilebits support to get back to me via email, from the day I posted this on the forum.

Is it possible to check the status of my diagnostic report [#FGV-49424-567] Greig

Also, when I log into iCloud, I am sent to the 1Password purchase screen to pay for $64.99 for Version 6.5.2 which I already have. Apparently the synced vault version on my iCloud account is from 2014. When I try to enter the password for the old vault, to merge the two, the password is apparently incorrect and the hint, unhelpful! : (

Help. Thanks.

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Update: Am syncing using the WLAN. It's working. I'll just use it.
    (Previous support request: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/72801/icloud-syncing-not-working-for-mac-os-ios/p1?new=1)

Question:
    The WLAN sync duplicated the 650 logins on each device, so now each device has about 1300 logins that have to be hand-edited. Is there anyway to make one master vault, so that the sync isn't duplicate every time?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.10.5
    Sync Type: WLAN

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

WLAN is working.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yosemite4: Greig replied via email yesterday, so to avoid confusing back and forth in multiple places, let's keep the conversation going via email for now. Please follow the instructions there and let Greig now how it turns out. :)

ref: FGV-49424-567

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

Resolved. DropBox has never worked on my 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 MAC laptop, now running OS Sierra. Direct connection via WLAN is my only working option for syncing between the iPhone and laptop.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear you were able to find a workable solution. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.