Switching from Safari to Google Chrome

I have been Using Safari. I now wish to switch to Google Chrome. Every time I open up Password it opens up my Safari browser. I installed Google Chrome and the corresponding extension. It will still not auto fill. The extension cannot find my application. How do I switch over to Chrome from my current Safari?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Paul_Dubelsten: Sorry for the confusion! The default browser behaviour isn't something that 1Password controls; rather, it's handled by the OS. If you open System Preferences > General, you can set the "default web browser" there. Cheers! :)

• Paul_Dubelsten
    Paul_Dubelsten
    Community Member

I am confused I do not know how to reach customer support. I purchased one password and now I am being told that told my free trial is expiring today! I received the message by email. Not sure if it is authentic.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Paul_Dubelsten,

It may not seem like it but you are actually talking to AgileBits here. While there is some user to user interaction we do ensure every thread has been responded to by a member of AgileBits (both myself and Brenty work for AgileBits). Now there are times where somebody doesn't feel comfortable discussing certain topics in our public support forums. I see you have created a 1Password account though and I know we've seen confusion in this area.

One of my colleagues put together a post about the differences which can be found at The difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license. You may very well have questions or require assistance afterwards but hopefully it works as a good starting point to help explain these two distinct ways of using 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.