To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to move my 1Password Mac App data to 1Password.com

srhcpa
srhcpa
Community Member

Hi,

I just recently signed up for a 1Password.com account. I am now trying to move data from my local system to the website.

I have read the "Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account.

First, I want to make sure this is the correct way to sync my local data to the 1Password.com website.

Second, when I try to use the QR code and the reader they don't seem to be working in the right order. When I click on the plus sign, the window drops down to Scan the data, but it never retreats to allow me to click on the local QR code.

My details are below.

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: none yet

Comments

• silverado83
    silverado83
    Community Member

I would also like to know how to do this. I have tried the same thing with no luck.

• SeanFoster
    edited December 2016

Hello @srhcpa and @silverado83, thanks for taking the time to write in! The document you have stumbled across @srhcpa is the correct means of migrating your existing logins into a new 1Password Account, it’s the same steps I followed when I made my transition to a 1Password Account as well which can be found right here.

To clarify, this is a one time process, the Primary vault and the new Personal vault will not be in sync with each other, but you will now have moved your logins into the Personal vault which you can use going forward. In some instances it may be helpful to keep the Primary vault on standby but ideally you’ll use the new Personal vault for the majority of your 1Password-ing from here on it.

I’m not sure what the trouble with the QR code scan process might be, I’m not able to duplicate that on my end. These our the steps I use when adding a 1Password Account to my Mac:

Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac.
    From the 1Password Menu Bar, choose 1Password > Preferences.
    Click the Accounts icon, then click the + button.
    Choose the Scan QR Code option.
    Drag the window over your QR code to scan it (Once signed into your family account through a web browser, click the Account name in the top right and select Get The Apps to reveal the QR code).
    Once you scan your QR code, your account details will be filled in. Just enter the Master Password and you should be good to go.

Let me know if that does the trick, I look forward to hearing back from you!

• silverado83
    silverado83
    Community Member

SeanFoster thanks for the info. i finally got it to work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Sean, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.