To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I cannot set up 1password on my mobile. It does not recognise my (correct) password.

shirabatya
shirabatya
Community Member

I just set up a trial account. I know my password. I have tested this password. I know my key.
Yet when I use this correct data my phone says it is incorrect.
I have an Iphone6.
I need to verify that it is possible to get my data from a second device before I feel safe trusting 1password to remember things for me. (What is my computer dies tomorrow?)
Is this because it is a trial account?
I KNOW THAT I AM USING THE CORRECT PASSWORD. I can log in fine on my desktop.
HELP

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot set up 1password on my mobile. It does not recognise my (correct) password.

Comments

• shirabatya
    shirabatya
    Community Member

1password version is version 6. up to date

• shirabatya
    shirabatya
    Community Member

OK. More information. I finally managed to set up on my phone using my old password. I updated my password to be one that was easier to remember. Now it seems I have to remember the old one if I use a new device. Can someone please explain how this all works. Surely there is one master password for all devices?! Can't I make the password the same everywhere? It will be too confusing.

• shirabatya
    shirabatya
    Community Member

So the way to fix this is to log in to 1password on the website. Then you use the old password to change to the new password on the website. Then it is the same everywhere. It would have been nice if this had been explained somewhere!

• Hello @shirabatya, thanks for taking the time to write in though I’m sorry to hear about the trouble here! Just to clarify, do you currently have access to 1Password across all of your devices as well as to your account page through a web browser using the same Master Password at this time? When using a 1Password Account, any changes you make to your Master Password through the admin console should be reflected on your other devices, though if you had recently migrated to a 1Password Account there may have been some tidying up to do to make sure all devices were on the same page. I’m hoping things are all on the up and up on your end as it sounds like they may be but please let me know for sure or if you have any follow-up questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.