Firefox browser usurped by 1password

When filling a password for a forum or some other insignificant website into my Firefox browser, I usually choose to save that login to the browser itself and not 1password. I have noticed that when I check the box for "save this password?", Firefox tries to open the drop down menu for username/password asking if I would like to "Remember", "Never Remember", or "Not Now". However, that is quickly overridden by 1password...meaning it QUICKLY disappears and I am unable to select anything...when the 1password popup appears asking if I would like to save the login in that program. In this case, I don't want to and never have. This causes Firefox to forget my entry and I have to retype it every time, or enter in 1password (which I don't want to do). Is there a way to make 1password quit usurping the browser in this case? Anything I can try?

Thanks for your time!

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Generally, we recommend that you disable your browser's password saving and store all your Logins in 1Password. I'd be curious to know what the thinking is behind splitting up your information like this…

If you really must store some information in Firefox's password manager, then you'll need to disable autosave for 1Password and use manual save for the times you want to save in 1Password.

I hope that helps.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.