Cannot sign in. The email address and Account Key are not correct for my.1password.com.

rhollander
rhollander
Community Member

I just signed up for a family subscription yesterday. All seemed well but when i tried to log into the site today, I got the error message in the title of this post. I am using the email address, account key listed the Emergency Kit. And the password that i know i set up. I even tried to use the sign-in address (https address) instead of my email address. Please advise. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rhollander! Sorry about that. Did you happen to sign up for an individual account, then upgrade to a family? If so, your sign-in address has changed to a custom one. You can request that address on the family sign in page by clicking "Don’t know your sign-in address?" and it will be emailed to you. Sign in there and you should be all set. :)

• rhollander
    rhollander
    Community Member

I'm kind of confused as to what i happened. I though i had an individual account because i had a login to the support section. But i never had a paid subscription so i don't know that i had an individual account. I signed up for the family account to put my wife on it. And i have the emergency kit print out which shows my sign -in address (a family URL) and my gmail address. But i found that i do have the info saved on another page and can get into the account and it has my email address. But when i tried to enter it on a different computer, the info didn't work.

• @rhollander Ah, I apologize for the confusion then. We recently introduced a 1Password subscription service, which has automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. If you purchased 1Password a while back, then you are correct and you didn't get an account with the new service. You can of course create one to get the benefits accounts include, like sharing with your family, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have.

You should be able to sign in to the new account you created using your QR code on each device. Learn how to set 1Password up on a new device. Does that help?

This discussion has been closed.