Save Login popup box

Options

When we disconnect from the two desktop monitors at our desk and use the laptop screen standalone, the Save Login popup box doesn't appear on the laptop screen when we are adding new website credentials to save. When we go back to the office and plug the laptop back into the desktop monitors, that Save Login screen is on the desktop monitor screen. How do we get it so that that popup shows up on the laptop screen when using it outside of the office?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:add password to vault pop up box doesn't show up when using multiple screens

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kellyschouten: We're working on a better way for the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app to save and restore window positions in the future. As you noticed, now it will save and restore them...but if you've disconnected the display it's saved to, that can be a bit of a problem. Currently, if you hold Ctrl and Alt when opening the app, it will reset the position to your current main display. I hope this helps while we work on a better solution.

• wiehen
    wiehen
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue, when I open 1Password 6.3.359 with Alt and Ctrl held down it does recenter the main 1Password application screen but it does not affect the Save Login Prompt screen. I can see the screen in Alt-Tab but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to show on my laptop monitor. I spend as much time on an external monitor as off the external monitor, I really need to have a fix for getting this prompt back as I just started using the product and I am still populating out my credentials.

• Hi @wiehen,

Thanks for writing in.

At the moment, we do not retain the location of any windows outside of the main program, that means auto-save, 1Password mini and other windows would only appear from where 1Password is running. It should not be running from the previous location.

Can you confirm if you're using the English-US locale on your computer? We've found out that on non-English-US locales, the window states are not retained correctly and this is due to a limitation in Microsoft's code that we use, which only works on English-US locale. We're looking into working around this issue.

• wiehen
    wiehen
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that I am using the English-US locale on Windows 10. If you need more information about what I am seeing, I am happy to provide it, I could also use some advice on how to get the window back, as of now the product is somewhat unusable as I cant actually save passwords through the Save Login prompt, only manually.

• Hi @wiehen,

Stay tuned, we're working on getting 1Password 6.4 beta 1 out with multiple improvements to this window tracking system, we'd like you to try it and let us know if it is better. We should have it out today or tomorrow. I'll follow up here as soon as it is released.

• Hi @wiehen,

We've shipped 1Password 6.4 beta 1 if you want to give it a try now.

• wiehen
    wiehen
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I downloaded the new Beta version and installed it (v 6.4.377d). I tried a new login on my external monitor and was prompted with the save login popup, I did not save the credentials and logged out of the web application. I then disconnected from my external monitor and tried the same login. The save credentials popup was not accessible as it has not been in the past. Next, I unloaded 1Password completely and then reloaded it in hopes of changing the frame of reference. I performed the same web login process again but the save login popup was still not accessible. In both cases I can see the popup in Alt-Tab but cannot get it to show on the laptop monitor. FYI

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wiehen,

Is that also true for the main window? Do you still have to use Control + Alt to recenter it with the latest 6.4 betas?

• wiehen
    wiehen
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT, no the main window is always present no matter what I do with my screen, external or main laptop screen and that has not ever been an issue with this version or GL code just for reference. The problem is only with the save login popup. I notice this morning that as soon as I connected my external monitor I had several save login popups waiting for me that I wasn't even aware of.

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @wiehen,

the main window is always present no matter what I do with my screen, external or main laptop screen and that has not ever been an issue with this version

Okay, so it did improve with the main window but for some reason, it didn't apply to the Save Login window. We are using the new window tracking system for both windows, not sure why it is not working for the Save Login ones.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

or GL code just for reference

GL code?

• wiehen
    wiehen
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT just for clarification, I never had any issues with the main 1Password main window, that has always been visible for me no matter what monitor. I have sent an email into the address you specified above with my diagnostic report and referenced with dialog.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wiehen,

Thanks for the clarification. I was responding to this part:

I have the same issue, when I open 1Password 6.3.359 with Alt and Ctrl held down it does recenter the main 1Password application screen

So, I thought the main window was also not working. So, it sounds like the only issue is the save-dialog window.

I found your email and we'll reply to your email as soon as we finish analyzing the report.

ref: ENY-79837-252

• wiehen
    wiehen
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT this looks to be resolved in the most recent release 6.4.380d, I have tried it between both my external monitor and my built in laptop monitor and the save credentials popup shows as expected between the two. Thanks for your help in getting this problem resolved.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wiehen:

Thank you for keeping us posted! On behalf of our Windows team you are very welcome! :)
    Please contact us anytime in the future, we are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.