Can't login to 1Password desktop application after creating new account

Options

I have created a 1password account and am able to sign into my account via the 1password website on a Windows 7 and Mac OS Sierra machine. I am able to sign-in to the iPassword desktop app on the Mac OS Sierra machine and on an iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 10. However, I am getting the following error when I try to login from the desktop app on the Windows 7 machine. See the following screen shot:

https://snag.gy/EyhdlQ.jpg

I am using exactly the same credentials. i.e. scanning from the same QR code and cross referencing all required fields.

I have also been able to successfully login to a workstation running Windows 10.

Syncing via Dropbox is working between the 3 devices into which I have been able to successfully login on.

Are there any know issues with 1Password on Windows 7?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 1.308.1
OS Version: See above
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Matty279,

Thanks for writing in.

Are you using a proxy on that Windows 7 computer? That looks like 1Password can't reach the Internet, even if the other apps can and in most cases, it is due to the proxy configuration.

If you're not, could you email us your 1Password logs from Windows' Event Viewer to see why it is not letting you in.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

Thanks!

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike. I don't believe I am using a proxy. I am not seeing any other internet connectivity issues. I have also tried disabling my LAN and connecting via my mobile hotspot without success. I have emailed the Windows Event Log as requested. Thanks for your assistance.

• Hey Matty,

You should've received a ticket ID with the automated response to your email.
    Can you post it here so we can link the email to this discussion?

Thanks!

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Alex, The ticket ID is [#XYN-28482-624].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matty279: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: XYN-28482-624

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

I have resolved this issue. The cause was TLS 1.2 had been forcibly disabled after some recent software testing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ouch! Thanks for letting us know! I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted out (I presume by forcibly enabling it — hehe), but we're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.