To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how to integrate business and personal accounts and controling access? 1 or 2 accounts?

fgartenlaub
fgartenlaub
Community Member

I have a question of how to integrate business and personal accounts. I have 3 people in my household and 3-5 employees in my small business. What would be the best way to implement this and still allowing me to control who can access what passwords. I don't want my family accessing business accounts or my employees accessing personal accounts but I need access to everything. How do you suggest I can accomplish this. Separate personal and business accounts or just a business account to deal with both work and family in one account. I do not own 1Password but I am looking to buy ASAP. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a question of how to integrate business and personal accounts. I have 3 p;eople in my household and 3-5 people in my small business. What would be the best way to implement this and still allowing me to control who can access what passwords.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fgartenlaub: Thanks for reaching out. Great question! In most cases, the best thing to do would be to keep 'em separated.

A 1Password Teams account is important for businesses to have fine grained access controls, and also to keep business and personal from mixing (for tax purposes, compliance, etc.) It can grow with your business as you add employees, and the Standard plan also comes with 5 guests automatically (Pro is 20), so if you need to invite others who only need access to a single vault you share with them, they won't cost you anything extra.

On the other hand, a 1Password Families account is great for your family because it doesn't involve complicated options, and it's cheaper (with 5 members included in the plan). And you can use multiple 1Password Accounts in the apps, so you can access both as needed without having to worry about someone from your Family accessing something from your Team.

Finally, if you have more specific questions, don't hesitate to ask. And just let us know which devices you'll be using if you want specific instructions for setting things up. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.