Sharing vaults - stand-alone & subscription licenses

danielusenko
danielusenko
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Business and Teams

Hello,

My team has purchased stand-alone/one-time licenses last year, and we have been sharing passwords via Vaults (using Dropbox). Now we are adding a new team member. Questions:

1. Can the new team member activate his 1Password app using a stand-alone license we bought in the past?
  2. If the answer is no to the question above, then can the new team member sign up for a subscription license and still access Vaults current team members have access to?
  3. If our entire team switches to 1Password Teams, is there a way to turn in the stand-alone licenses for a 'credit' toward subscription licenses?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 6.5.2
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Using an old license

Comments

• Hi @danielusenko! Congrats on the new hire. :) I'd be happy to answer your questions about 1Password.

Can the new team member activate his 1Password app using a stand-alone license we bought in the past?

He can if you have a multi-seat license with a seat available for him. Those would have been purchased through our license business store. You can request your licenses to see what you have available and give him one if you do have one to share.

If the answer is no to the question above, then can the new team member sign up for a subscription license and still access Vaults current team members have access to?

If you don't have a license available for him, he could sign up for a subscription account that's just for him but it would be better for you guys to start a 1Password team instead, which brings us to...

If our entire team switches to 1Password Teams, is there a way to turn in the stand-alone licenses for a 'credit' toward subscription licenses?

We can certainly look into it for you. I see you have already emailed us about this. I'll let the sales team know and they'll get back to you shortly. :)

ref: SXP-23157-986

This discussion has been closed.