Rich Icons not populating [issues with items missing their rich icons are being investigated]

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

Many but not all of the rich icons that used be populated, are not not showing. Tried reinstall of 1Password (both Mac App Store and AgileBits store versions). Tried clean install of OS (2x). Nothing seems to help. Perhaps deleting the plist for the icons might do the trick? Thanks.

1Password Version: 5.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra (10.12.1)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Steve_H

thank you for taking some time to contact us about this. I see that you're using 1Password. I can see that you're on Sierra but still using 1Password 5. The problem that you're experiencing is due to the fact that you're using legacy software and Rich Icons have been adjusted to work in 1Password 6. You only need to update 1Password to the most recent version and you should be all set. You can get here: https://1password.com/downloads/. And don't worry, the license that you're using for for 1Password 5 is good for 1Password6 as well :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes for you!

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

Are you sure about this? Because some of my Rich Icons are not populating either. It started about the same date as the OP posted their message. They used to be populated but no longer, which is the same condition as the OP. I'm wondering if it's something on your end.

1Password 6
    Version 6.5.2 (652003)
    AgileBits Store

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Pilar, oops....typo. 1Password version is 6.5.2. Extension is 4.6.1 and the OS is now 10.12.2

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

In that case there does appear to be a muck up on AB's end.

• ss28227
    ss28227
    Community Member
    Options

1/2 my rich icons also stopped populating and everything is up to date: 1password, plug-in, OS.
    Definitely and error on Agile Bits part...hope they fix soon, very irritating and could cause lost stars in the Apple Store.
    Come on AP,,,always asking for good reviews...get this one fixed.

• Radar68
    Radar68
    Community Member
    Options

Since upgrading to the latest Mac and iOS versions of 1Password I have a weird problem. At least I believe its once the late upgrade as I noticed it tonight.
    Basically any 1Password entry that used to get its icon from the website in the entry now has no icon. Its just blank (default padlock).
    Before upgrading if I didn't manually add an icon but had a website in the entry then that entry, when available, would get its icon from the website. This is no longer happening.
    All my entries that are configured in this was no longer have icons for their entries in the vault.
    I'm syncing with DropBox so the issue has been replicated across all devices.
    Any ideas?

1Password Version: Mac 6.5.2 and iOS 6.5
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.12.2 and iOS 10.2
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Radar68
    Radar68
    Community Member
    Options

Is no-one else seeing this issue?

I also have others relating to icons:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/73268/icon-size-issue-ios-6-5#latest

• ME01
    ME01
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

When I upgrades to 6.5.2 nearly all Icons disapeared and the standard grey symbol was shown. Also I#m not able to add new symbols to the Passwords. only a view icons like apple and AirBerlin stayed.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
    OS Version: 10.12.2 (and before 10.12.1)
    Sync Type: dropbox

• Radar68
    Radar68
    Community Member
    Options

Having a similar issue. For me I can add icons though.
    My entries that suddenly have no icons are those where the icon was coming from the website address in the website field. Maybe the same for you?
    Think Agilebits have a problem with this.

• ME01
    ME01
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I also lost the icon's with the origin from websites.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I think we have the AB team stumped. :-)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding here. I've merged the different threads talking about this issue so we can keep the conversation in one place and be sure nobody misses anything :chuffed:

Thank you all for letting us know that you're having trouble with the Rich Icons. We are investigating and looking into what might be causing this. We hope to find a solution soon, meanwhile thank you very much for your patience and understanding :chuffed:

• Garybo
    Garybo
    Community Member
    Options

Have tried checking and unchecking rich icons on view. Also quit and resigned on to 1Password. To my knowledge do not have a firewall other than comes with Safari. I have current update.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
    OS Version: OSX 10.12.2
    Sync Type: DROPBOX
    Referrer: forum-search:Only about half of my rich icons are filling out on Mac with current update.

• Garybo
    Garybo
    Community Member
    Options

Love 1PASSWORD. THANK YOU, GARY

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Garybo,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with rich icons in 1Password! I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your posts with another existing thread about the same problem.

As Pilar explained above, this is a known issue that we're currently investigating. I apologize for the inconvenience! I don't have any more information right now about what might be causing this or when we'll have a solution, but it's affecting a lot of customers and is something we'd like to fix sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance for your patience while our developers look into this. If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Any sort of update on this? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Steve_H: No news since earlier this week. Hopefully we'll be able to track down the problem quickly and get it fixed in an update. Cheers! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks "B".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty and gang. They are back. Thanks. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.