To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how to change my subscription to the mac app store

Options
t_roy
t_roy
Community Member

I must say that I am less than thrilled with the lack of support and forcing customers to comb through and/or the need to sign up for a support forum to try to get an answer for a simple question. Like many people I have many other things I would like to spend my time and efforts doing rather than spending 2+ days researching ways to contact support -ie lack of telephone number and lack of timely email support. Needless to say because of this I am less than impressed w/1password. 2 days ago I was having problems with one of my macs so I decided to back it up and do a fresh install. In the process of coarse I needed to re-install all of my apps, data etc... The very first thing I attempted to do is to install 1password -which did not go so well. At the time when I purchased 1password I followed someone else's advice and instead of downloading the software from the mac app store -I went directly to the website ***** this was a HUGE MISTAKE***** and downloaded it from there. Now that I had to reinstall and validate the software -this is where my problem started. I was completely unable to get my most important app to work. I was unable to get the software validated and was in a hurry to get my computer ready to go out of town on a trip. I attempted to reach out to 1password and low and behold I had to spend the rest of my Sunday -instead of being with my family -I ended up locked in my office in a mad rush to attempt to get ahold of someone who could help..... NO SUCH LUCK....... NO PHONE NUMBER ....... NO EMAIL RESPONSE ...... NOTHING JUST KEPT GETTING PUSHED BACK TO THIS LAME SUPPORT FORUM THAT THEY EXPECT THEIR CUSTOMERS TO WASTE THEIR TIME COMBING THROUGH SUPPORT FORUMS IN HOPES OF A QUICK SOLUTION..... this is NOT ACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE if you ask me....... for such a expensive app I thought I would be able to get fairly quick service, but it is obvious that I was sorely wrong. After 1.5 days I figured out how to get my 1password to unlock by directing it to an icloud backup -on my own. This whole process could have been taken care of if I had a phone number to call -or if like many other companies -if they would've just responded to my questions in the many, many emails I sent them. This experience has opened my eyes to the lack of service that I received with software that I use everyday and rely on.

After saying all that I am still waiting for 1 simple answer:

"How do I transfer my subscription to the mac app store?" -I really can't believe that I have to go to such lengths in attempt to get an answer to a simple question. I am thoroughly unimpressed and should not have to sign up for a support forum that I want absolutely nothing to do with. So if anyone is listening I hope that 1password will maybe make a little effort in the area of customer support so people like me can move on with their lives instead of getting completely frustrated with little to no support for products they use everyday. I really don't think its too much to ask a company to stand behind the products they are putting out to the public.

My two cents........

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to change my subscription to the mac app store

Comments

• Hi @t_roy! I'm very sorry for the confusion. I see you've sent us a few emails as well with additional questions. Let's keep the conversation going there for now. I'll reply shortly. :)

ref: FZV-86762-758

This discussion has been closed.