1Password IOS not saving login details.

I am trying to save login data of my corporate net banking of www.svcbank.com, with 1 password iOS, in which login consists of two parts, in first part corporate id and user id is entered, and second part password is entered, i enter data of first part and go to create new login, the save button on right side appeared to be greyed and do not work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @samirv,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Unfortunately it may not currently be possible to save this login from iOS. Do you have access to a Mac or Windows PC that you could save this login on? If so I'd recommend following these instructions:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

At present iOS expects a password field in order to save a login item, and cannot later add special fields to be filled such as the "corporate ID." Hopefully that is something we can improve in the future.

Ben

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member

Hello.
    I am able to save login details of 1st part by doing "save new login" in safari, but while filling the details, 1password just fills the "Corporate ID" and the "User ID" is not filled. Kindly provide support.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @samirv,

I will happily take a look but can you help me please. How do I reach the login page which you refer to? I can't find an obvious link to log in so your assistance will be gratefully received here. Once I can reach the login page I can test to see what does and doesn't work and report back to you.

Also, can you confirm what platforms you use 1Password on please so I know where to limit testing to. It may be I can infer you tried saving a Login item from in Safari on a Mac but I've had assumptions come back to haunt me so I like to try and make sure I know things with certainty where possible :smile:

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Hi.
    Login page url
    https://netbanking.svcbank.co.in/CIB/DefaultPages/CIBLogin.aspx

The platform I am using on macOS Sierra Ver. 10.12.5
    and internet browser is Safari.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @samirv,

So using the default 1Password filling behaviour I too see exactly what you're seeing. I haven't dived into why yet but I suspect it might be related to 60 odd hidden buttons used in their mini virtual keyboard. It's just a feeling though.

The good news is I believe we can get things working for you right now with a workaround.

1. Below these steps you're going to see a chunk of text between curly braces { }, select it all and copy it to the macOS clipboard.
    2. Switch to 1Password for Mac and select the now visible menu option File > New Item from Clipboard.
    3. This will create a new item titled CIB Lo - Corporate ID and place you in edit mode.
    4. Click the show web form details button.
    5. Edit the two now fields so that they now hold your real corporate and user IDs rather than the dummy data you will see.
    6. Save.
    {
      "URLs": [
        {"overview": {"label": "", "url": "https://netbanking.svcbank.co.in/CIB/DefaultPages/CIBLogin.aspx"}}
      ], 
      "categoryUUID": "001", 
      "details": {
        "fields": [
          {"designation": "username", "name": "CIBLoginControl1_txtUserID", "type": "T", "value": "USERID"}, 
          {"name": "CIBLoginControl1_txtCorporateID", "type": "T", "value": "CORPORATEID"}
        ]
      }, 
      "overview": {"ainfo": "USERID", "ps": 45, "title": "CIB Lo - Corporate ID", "url": "https://netbanking.svcbank.co.in/CIB/DefaultPages/CIBLogin.aspx"}, 
      "sectionName": "C"
    }

If you try filling the first page with this Login item I believe you will find it fills both fields now. There are two things worth noting here.

1. The page will not submit after filling. This is purposely so as we only submit if a password field is filled and there isn't one on this page.
    2. You may need two Login items, one for this page and another for the password page. I cannot see the password page so I can't be confident like I am that this item will work. The only way to find out is to test.

Here is what I would recommend trying.

1. Select the working Login item and use the keyboard shortcut ⌘D to duplicate it.
    2. The duplicate will start off in edit mode. Enter your password into the password field in this duplicate item and save.
    3. Test to see if the duplicated item will fill both the first page and/or the second page with the password.

If it doesn't fill both you will want to keep the original item and create a new Login item just for the password page. That will hopefully fill. Then it will be a case of selecting the right Login item for each of the two pages involved in logging in.

Please do keep us posted as to how you get along but hopefully this will help. It should work as well in 1Password for iOS as I find it works on my Mac.

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I am still facing problem as the button for "New item from clipboard" appears greyed out, after performing copy to clipboard, as suggested in step 1.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @samirv,

I hadn't seen that behaviour before. I knew we hid the New Item from Clipboard when there wasn't something in the right format available but disabled? that's a new one. With a little testing I've managed to understand the odd behaviour. At the moment you have the All Vaults view selected, please try selecting the vault you want the item to be created in. I believe you will find the menu option now becomes enabled and you can proceed.

What I've learned is the option will be enabled in the All Vaults view if you have an item selected but even then it will do nothing, certain actions are only successful when you have a specific vault selected. I've never noticed before because prior to verifying the item I posted I had my test vault active for the information gathering stage. I kind of understand why we have it disabled but the UI (User Interface) doesn't do much to explain why - hopefully we can do something to improve that.

Looks like I've learned something new about 1Password.

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member

Wonderful, job done
    Thanks so much.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

May I ask @samirv, did you find a single Login item would work over the two pages or did you have to split it into two Login items? I'm curious because I doubt I'll ever be able to see that second page. Glad we've made some progress anyway and that we could get things running a bit smoother for you :smile:

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member

It worked in single Login Item, by your recommendation of 3 steps by doing ⌘D.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Excellent. It's always neater if it can be handled by a single Login item but I couldn't be sure until you tested.

If you find any other tricky sites @samirv please let us know :smile:

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member

Hello littlebobbytables.
    I need one more help for website
    www.unionbankonline.co.in/corp/BANKAWAY?Action.CorpUser.Init.001=Y&AppSignonBankId=026&AppType=corporate

1Password doesn't fill all the three.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@samirv Can you try creating a new login manually? I just tested this with 1Password for Mac and was then able to fill that Login on iOS. Hopefully that helps!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member

It does work, Thanks for showing me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad Jamie was able to help @samirv :smile: Financial institutes are always the trickiest so once you get those working I would hope things settle down. The reason is twofold 1) Some of the more unsual designs tend to crop up in this category and 2) we can't easily create test accounts like we can on typical commerce sites. We're batting 2/2 though so that's not bad. We hope you're enjoying 1Password as much as we do.

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member

Yes, I definitely enjoying 1Password
    Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

:smile:

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

I created a login in mac, and it works fine in mac. But I am not able to use in iOS, please help.

https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry, @samirv, but this site is using a particular way of creating their page that 1Password does not support. For now, you'll need to copy and paste your details. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you on this one… :(

• samirv
    samirv
    Community Member

RoboForm is able to do this one, it would be convenient to me if 1password also does this.

Thank you.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback. These kinds of pages present a significant challenge on several fronts including security. The <iframe> approach that many sites are using has been exploited multiple times to spread malware, and most of the sites that are still using them have not updated them to use best practice such as the sandbox attribute and other strictures that narrow the landscape.

On the desktop, all of the browsers take responsibility for injecting the extension scripts into each frame's document, including determining whether our scripts should be injected into the page at all. This has serious performance impacts. The iOS extension in particular is fairly limited: we get to execute a single Javascript function before the 1Password interface displays and then a single follow-up function after that. If this script takes too long to execute, we risk our extension being killed by the system. (I've seen this myself with other very complex action extensions such as running a complex Workflow.) It might at first seem reasonable to make some assumptions such as "look for an iframe with fields in it" but there are some sites that actually put each field into its own iframe. (Braintree payment forms do this if you're using their hosted fields approach.)

The browsers also isolate our extension's scripts from the execution context of the rest of the document in each frame. This affects both security and performance. Some sites have many many iframes for all the ads and other junk that we see so often on web pages alongside whatever other code they're using with less dubious intentions. These frames serve up code, often from sites they haven't vetted because that rectangle of the screen was sold by an ad pricing bot to the highest bidder just when the page was being displayed. We just don't feel comfortable talking to that document without the protective buffer of the system isolating our scripts from theirs.

So between the potential for performance issues and the lessened protections for the scripts' execution, we've opted to be more conservative on this. We have filed requests with Apple to bring this same kind of script isolation and injection to iOS, but even in iOS 11 it does not yet to appear to be available. We'll continue to monitor capabilities in iOS, but for now, iframes are not supported for filling.

I hope that helps explain our thinking right now. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.