Beta doesn't remember family account password after email address change

dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member
edited December 2016 in iOS

Today I changed my email address for my family account via your website. Since then the iOS app has been prompting me to enter the new password on each launch. In the login details I see already my new email address and it also remembers my account key. Unfortunately, it seems not to remember my account password because I have to enter it again on each launch.

If I go to account details I still see my old email address there. As it seems there are some inconsistencies with that progress. How do I get my family account working on iOS? Removing it and adding it new wouldn't be the ideal process, would it?

A related discussion - on Windows the change doesn't break authentication. (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/344265)

1Password Version: latest iOS Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016

@dahanbn: I'm sorry for the inconvenience there! We've addressed some similar issues with Sign-in URL changes, but it sounds like we still have some work to do on streamlining account changes. In the mean time, as you suggested, signing out and then re-adding the account is the best long-term solution. I wouldn't want to have to enter it every time either. Thanks for bringing this up!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Cool. And thank you again for your feedback on this! It's an area we'll work to improve. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.