Chrome extension authenticates every time and won't login

Options
cpacilio
cpacilio
Community Member

I'm on the latest version of 1password for mac on my MacBook Pro with OS 10.10.5. Lately the Chrome extension (and Firefox) ask to authenticate every time I open the browser. Seems excessive.
ALSO, I can't use the extension to login to 1password, I have to open the app, login, then the extension will work as normal. I reinstalled everything again to be sure, but the issues remain.
Thanks!
Chris

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cpacilio

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble using 1Password's extension. One of the things that has been shown to cause trouble is if you're not using the most recent version of Chrome or Firefox. Could you please check which version it is? I also wonder if you have some kind of security or cleaning software installed that might be erasing or keeping the authentication to be stored. I think something external might be affecting the extension since this is happening in both browsers.

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

• abalexva
    abalexva
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar, but not identical problem. I'm using the current versions of Firefox, 1Password for MacOS and the 1Password extension for Firefox under MacOS 10.12.2 (Sierra) on a MacBook Pro. I'm finding that the browser extension authentication window comes up regularly, although not every time I start Firefox - Perhaps several times a week. I am able to authenticate and the 1Password extension operates properly, and I can login to 1Password from the extension; however, it seems to me that the multiple authentication requests should be unnecessary. I'm also running 1Password on an iMac desktop computer and I've only needed to authenticate the extension once each for Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Is this normal?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abalexva

Thank you for getting in touch with us, it for sure isn't normal. The behavior you see in Chrome and Safari is what you should be seeing in Firefox too. I think you might have more than one copy of 1Password installed, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report so we can take a look at what 1Password things you have so we can help you get rid of the extra stuff?

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.