Most of my files in 1Password Pro for iOS have suddenly disappeared!

Options
whydavewhy
whydavewhy
Community Member

Dec. 13, 2016 (11:30 AM PST)

I have an iPhone 6 using the latest iOS 10.1.1 (14B100) and using the latest version of 1Password Pro for iOS (6.4.5). I sync with my iPad, my Mac, my wife's iPhone 6, her iPad, and her Mac via Dropbox.

I just edited one of my 1Password items (I changed a company name from "Charter" to "Spectrum"). All of a sudden, over 3/4ths of my 1Password items just disappeared from all my devices, including my credit cards, passports, serial numbers, bank accounts, etc.

I have been using 1Password since November 2014 and have never even had the slightest problem.

Please let me know what to do ASAP. Most of my passwords from my accounts, etc. are gone. Can the previous files before my edit be restored from Dropbox?

There is no longer a phone number for AgileBits Support, so I have no one to ask. My hands are shaking. I can't believe this happened so close to Christmas.

Thanks,

David Lindsay

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.1.1 (14B100)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi David ( @whydavewhy )

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble. 1Password for Mac makes automatic backups of your data so you can restore to a point in time prior to this happening. Instructions can be found here:

1Password backups

I would be really interested to see what might've happened... but honestly I'm not sure there is a way to determine that, and my main priority is getting you back up and running. Restoring from a backup prior to the incident should do that.

One thing I would ask you to note is the number of items in the most recent backup compared to the number of items in the backup that you choose to restore.

Please let me know how you make out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.