Chrome Browser Connection Refused [Update Chrome to fix this]

toobs
toobs
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm having problems at using 1Password in Chrome. All of a sudden, when I start Windows, I get an error saying Browser Connection Refused and something about untrusted site and etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• yoyosamo
    yoyosamo
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Hello,

For some reason, suddenly, the 1Password Chrome helper will no longer communicate with the 1Password 6 app.

I began by getting 'Windows 10-style' notifications from 1P saying:

Browser connection refused
    1Password refused connection from
    untrusted source, check logs for
    details.

Then, when checking the (Settings ->) 'Browser' section, it lists:

chrome by unidentified publisher, process ID [xyz]

Checking the log, it states (multiple times):
    e:0 2016-12-15 11:19:29Z AgileBits.OnePassword.Browsers.WebSocketClientsWhitelist Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" from port 2262 and origin chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk, because of untrusted certificate.

While reading other support issues, it seems that the problem would arise from proxy servers or antivirus software. However, I am not using any proxy servers, and have only Windows Defender running. I have also tried disabling all other Chrome extensions, to no avail.

Many thanks,
    Sam Smith :smile:

1Password Version: 1Password Windows 6.1.308d
    Extension Version: Chrome 4.6.2.90
    OS Version: Windows 10 Home, Version 1607, Build 14393.576
    Sync Type: 1Password Families

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

I'm not sure what to do next. The mini doesn't really work in Chrome. The app on the desktop still works, but not the extension. Help, please.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

I'm having exact same issue, but I'm running Avira for my anti virus. Maybe there is something wrong with 1Pass because we both are having the same problem.

• pathweb
    pathweb
    Community Member

Hello,

My Chrome browser will no longer connect to the 1Password helper. In the Options area of 1Pass on windows it says under refused connection attempts: "CHROME BY UNIDENTIFIED PUBLISHER, PROCESS ID 7620.

Some additional information:

• ProcessID 7620 is the first chrome process
    • This Windows 10 system is not running any antivirus other than Windows Defender and is a standalone machine with standard security settings out of the box.
    • This system would not let me attach a diagnostics file, so I pased the tail below and I will attach the full log to the ticket if requested.

Thanks!

Pat.

============================================================================================
    6.1.308 Diagnostics Report
    2 accounts
    id | type | state | server
    1 | #Folder | | localhost
    2 | F | A | https://usfamilyhall.1password.com/
    3 vaults
    id | account | type | items | permissions
    1 | 2 | P | 129 | read, update item, create item, move to trash, empty trash, view history, send item, reveal password, import, export, print
    129 items not modified, rejection reason is , rejection build
    3 | 2 | U | 101 | read, update item, create item, move to trash, empty trash, view history, send item, reveal password, import, export, print
    101 items not modified, rejection reason is , rejection build
    4 | 2 | U | 21 | read, update item, create item, move to trash, empty trash, view history, send item, reveal password, import, export, print
    21 items not modified, rejection reason is , rejection build

1Password log content

[......................]

e:0 2016-12-14 17:54:12Z AgileBits.OnePassword.Browsers.WebSocketClientsWhitelist
    Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" from port 64342 and origin chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk, because of untrusted certificate.

i:0 2016-12-14 17:54:19Z AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.ItemManager
    Loaded 251 item overviews from database in 77 ms.

i:0 2016-12-14 17:54:19Z AgileBits.OnePassword.UiRouter
    Routed to op://show/.

System.Diagnostics.EventLog log content

1Password Version: v6.1.308
    Extension Version: 4.6.2.90 for Chrome
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro - Latest
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:"CHROME BY UNIDENTIFIED PUBLISHER, PROCESS ID XXXX

• PDXJT
    PDXJT
    Community Member

Same thing happened to me today. It was working fine and I didn't make any changes to my system prior to this.

• PDXJT
    PDXJT
    Community Member

Same here. Problem started an hour ago. I think something broke with 1Pass.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

Maybe the Team is sleeting because there is no fix yet.

• tufu9441
    tufu9441
    Community Member

Exactly the same problem, keep occuring from today

• enkaytee
    enkaytee
    Community Member

I just upgraded Chrome (to version 55.0.2883.87 m) and all is well again....

• tufu9441
    tufu9441
    Community Member

@enkaytee Yeah it works!

• fealXX
    fealXX
    Community Member

Same Issue after Windows Updates, was resolved when Chrome Update was finally available.

• haeme_ulrich
    haeme_ulrich
    Community Member

The same here: Chrome with Windows 10 -- see screen shot attached.

• yoyosamo
    yoyosamo
    Community Member

That's the one! :chuffed:
    Updating Chrome to version 54.0.2840.99 m seems to solve it.

F.Y.I. for others, open the Chrome 'three dots' menu -> Help -> About Google Chrome (or just go to chrome://help/) to force Chrome to check for and install the update :wink:

• Ratne
    Ratne
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Same here, how can we resolve?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @toobs,

I am sorry you bumped into issues with 1Password mini!

Our awesome users have already figured out a way out of this. Could you please try to upgrade your Chrome to the latest one available? I can confirm that upgrading to version 55.0.2883.87 m fixes the issue.

Please let me know if it works for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello everyone,

You guys are great! :chuffed: :+1:

I checked on my side and can confirm that upgrading to version 55.0.2883.87 m fixes the issue. If it doesn't work for you, please let us know.

I will make sure that our developers will take a closer look at what happened today. Thank you once again!

++
    Greg

• Ratne
    Ratne
    Community Member

@greg it works

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @PDXJT,

I am sorry about these issues! We will look into this issue, thank you for reporting!

In the meantime, please try to upgrade your Chrome to the latest one available? I can confirm that upgrading to version 55.0.2883.87 m fixes the connection between 1Password 6 and 1Password Mini.

Please get back to me if it works for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Ratne: Phew! I am glad to hear that! :) Thank you for reporting. We will investigate.

@haeme_ulrich: Could you please try to do the same? Thank you in advance!

If you have any other questions about 1Password, please let us know. We are here to help!

++
    Greg

• haeme_ulrich
    haeme_ulrich
    Community Member

@Greg Cool, thanks, this was the solution for me as well!

Best regards
    Haeme Ulrich

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@haeme_ulrich: Great! Thanks for the good news. :) :+1:

• PDXJT
    PDXJT
    Community Member

This fixed the problem for me too (thank you!) but what caused this issue in the first place? It was working working fine with the old version of the browser and then it suddenly stopped working.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

FIXED!!!! Thanks group.

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @PDXJT,

This happens on macOS as well. Whenever Chrome does a silent update, it replaces certain files in the background that changes its code signature, which then trips our security system that monitors the code signatures.

Usually, just letting it complete its update and restarting Chrome is all you need to do to make 1Password happy that it is secure to keep going.

We're not sure why it happened all at once last night/this morning but a lot of folks also mentioned Windows updates happening at the same time. I did get an update for Chrome Canary this morning too.

• On behalf of Greg and the folks here, you're welcome.

• lpwheeler
    lpwheeler
    Community Member

Hey Guys,

I have some weird problem.

My Browser (latest Chrome) will not connect to 1Password with the Message "Browser connection refused - 1Password refused connection from untrusted source, check logs for details".

In reading the other threads seems like it is AV software related. I have a corporate version of Trend Micro Scan Agent running. Any thoughts on how to resolve?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
    Extension Version: 4.2.6.90
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: 1Password Account

• Hi @lpwheeler,

I've merged your thread into this one.

Let Chrome finish updating by entering chrome://help in the address bar of Chrome and when it is done, restart Chrome. 1Password should work after that.

• I've merged a few related threads in this larger one.

• looganh
    looganh
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue.

1Password 6 6.1.308d
    1Password mini 4.6.2.90
    Chrome 54.0.2840.99

e:0 2016-12-15 11:16:05Z AgileBits.OnePassword.Browsers.WebSocketClientsWhitelist
    Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" from port 51926 and origin chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk, because of untrusted certificate.

i:0 2016-12-15 11:16:07Z AgileBits.OnePassword.App
    External command: onepassword4-extension://activate/Chrome.

e:0 2016-12-15 11:16:07Z AgileBits.OnePassword.UiRouter
    URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Chrome has wrong scheme, redirecting to default!

i:0 2016-12-15 11:16:07Z AgileBits.OnePassword.UiRouter
    Routed to op://show/.

• looganh
    looganh
    Community Member

Corrected by updating Chrome from 54.0.2840.99 -> 55.0.2883.87m via chrome://help

This discussion has been closed.