Chrome Browser Connection Refused [Update Chrome to fix this]

13»

Comments

• Got your email, will reply as soon as possible.

ref: REN-45121-552

• Viswa2503
    Viswa2503
    Community Member

Mike, I was able to test the new version 6.5.401 in the same environment. Bottomline: Issue Persists. Enable Native messaging for Chrome was Selected.
    Following are the errors from the Event Viewer:

WebSocketClientsWhitelist
    Refusing helper connection from "2756" from port 57202 and origin chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk, because of request coming from another terminal session.

AgileBits.OnePassword.Browsers.WebSocketBrowserListener
    WebSocketSharp.WebSocketException: The header of a frame cannot be read from the stream.
    at WebSocketSharp.WebSocketFrame.processHeader(Byte[] header)
    at WebSocketSharp.WebSocketFrame.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__9(Byte[] bytes)
    at WebSocketSharp.Ext.<>c__DisplayClass9.b__8(IAsyncResult ar)

• @Viswa2503 if you have beta browser extension (4.6.4.3 or later) with 1Password 6.5 for Windows then it should use Chrome native messaging by default and we expect all trouble with local web sockets to go away. You can also control which communication mechanism (web socket or native messaging) you want to use by visiting Gear > Options > Advanced.

• joehobo
    joehobo
    Community Member

I am on Chrome 32 bit Version 57.0.2987.133

I am getting the following error:

AgileBits.OnePassword.Browsers.NativeMessagingBrowserListener Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe", because of untrusted certificate.

Firefox works OK.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joehobo: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! This indicates one of 3 things (1Password has no way of knowing which in your case):

1. Chrome is damaged — installing a fresh copy may be worth a try
    2. Chrome is invalid — possibly stuck in an update or compromised
    3. Something else on your system is preventing 1Password from verifying Chrome's signature — usually "security" software of some kind

We definitely don't want 1Password sending sensitive information to another app unless we can establish its identity. Let me know what you find!

• joehobo
    joehobo
    Community Member
    1. Done
    2. Done (assuming that deinstalling and reinstalling would fix it, including the 1Password extension)
    3. I have Cylance security installed by my company. I cannot change any settings myself. There is no firewall. But Firefox and 1Password work fine, so not sure why security would allow Firefox and not Chrome.

Chrome is working without any issues for other extensions (Okta, WebEx, etc.)

• Hi @joehobo,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• joehobo
    joehobo
    Community Member

@MikeT , I have just sent the log file.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@joehobo: Found it! We will get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thanks! :+1:

ref: WMK-72625-994

• cfrivera1
    cfrivera1
    Community Member

I guess this thread needs resurrection?!? I had to reset Chrome for Windows (Windows 7) after having issues with the browser. Now after installing the 1password extension, it is grayed out and I am unable to do anything with it. When I open Chrome I get the error message indicating that it refused connection from untrusted source. What do I need to do so the extension and the browser re-establish trust and good-ol' camaraderie?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cfrivera1: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• alonsoh
    alonsoh
    Community Member

I was able to solve this problem in my machine by doing the following:

Going to chrome.exe file location.
    Right click chrome.exe -> Properties -> Digital Signatures -> Click on Google Inc signature -> Click Details -> Click View Certificate -> Click Install Certificate -> Next, Next, Finish.

Restart 1Password, restart Chrome and it worked.

Hope this helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's really odd that you had to do that manually for Chrome, but I really appreciate you sharing that in case it helps anyone else. Just make sure you're installing a certificate signed by Google and not someone else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.