Repeatedly prompted to sign into iTunes when launching 1Password [resolved in upcoming 6.5.1]

Options
PavelPr
PavelPr
Community Member
edited December 2016 in iOS

Hi!

I just updated to version 6.5 on iOS 10.2. Now, every time I open 1Password – on both my iPhone and iPad – I get a "Sign in to iTunes Store" prompt, requiring my Apple ID password. To be gone, the prompt has to be dismissed twice.

As I have my in-app purchases registered already, I was not expecting this. I also have syncing disabled entirely. What gives?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wifisyncer
    wifisyncer
    Community Member
    Options

Just experienced the same: initially I thought this came from outside 1Password but I came to your same conclusion. Had to dismiss twice, with no way to go and copy the password from 1Password itself to fill in the password request. Kind of a chicken and egg situation

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Same here. I won't enter credentials, what for? I'm synching to Windows via WLAN which works fine. Did not happen during 10.2 beta before 6.5 release. I have no family account and disabled in app purchases. Why the prompt? A bug?

• PassMic
    PassMic
    Community Member
    Options

I got this as well, however, after I entered my credentials the one time, the annoying Please Unlock 1Password on my WLAN host machine went away. {OPI-3314} I'd imagine that the two are unrelated though.

It could have something to do with the massive work that they did with 1Password.com accounts, which you can enable a subscription of through an in-app purchase.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi folks,

This would be unrelated to syncing.

The next time you experience this please dismiss the prompt, unlock 1Password, and then send us a diagnostic report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/73192/ ) in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

I suspect 1Password may be trying to see if you've made the Pro features in-app purchase and the prompt for credentials is coming from iOS itself. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Done, check [#TUL-15366-657]
    Kind regards, Stefen

• Ben
    Options

Thanks Stefen. We've received the report and are investigating. We'll respond by email ASAP.

Ben

• wifisyncer
    wifisyncer
    Community Member
    Options

Let us know what is the outcome. For the time being I'm not entering the password when requested upon unlocking 1Password for iOS, at least until the issue is clarified (and yes I bought the Pro features a very long time ago). Thanks!

• Mund1G0_L
    Mund1G0_L
    Community Member
    Options

each time i open the OnePassword app and then enter my password to access the data a pop-up screen shows asking me to "Sign In to the iTunes Store" and enter my Apple ID.... Never seen this before. Perhaps it has something to do with an encryption key that I entered on BACKUPS for my phone (iPhone 6S). Anyways, if I hit cancel, then it screen goes away, and I have access to my 1Password data....

Maybe I am paranoid - but is this a new "phishing" expedion? or is it legitimately part of your code. And if so why do you need/want it?

1Password Version: v6.5
    OS Version: iphone 10.1.1 (14B100)
    Sync Type: dropbox
    Referrer: forum-search:itunes store login requested on iphone

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wifisyncer, @Mund1G0_L: There definitely isn't anything to be concerned about if iOS is prompting you to authenticate your Apple ID, and of course there's no risk in doing so, as no apps — 1Password or otherwise — have access to these prompts. This happens to me all the time in iOS 10. However, we do want to be sure that 1Password isn't somehow triggering them, not because it's dangerous, but frankly because it's annoying. Ultimately though iTunes/App Store authentication is handled entirely by iOS, so the only thing we can do is make sure that 1Password isn't causing this indirectly.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, issue does repro with iOS 10.2.1 Beta 1.

• The_caveman
    The_caveman
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Yup, same here! Doesn't happen until I open 1Password, so there must be a trigger there. Pretty annoying!

I think adding the option to make pictures of something and add them directly into 1Password would solve it.
    (Yes, I'm being sarcastic)

• douglasfenton
    douglasfenton
    Community Member
    Options

Since 6.5 upgrade - getting iTunes password prompt every time unlocking 1Password-

• Good evening folks. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble you're having with the iTunes prompt. I wanted to let you know that I've tracked the problem down and eliminated it. You should see some relief from this incessant badgering in version 6.5.1, which we will be submitting for review soon.

In the mean time you are safe to either enter your iTunes password into that prompt or cancel it altogether. You shouldn't see any ill effects regardless.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Wooohooo, thanks for the prompt fix, great work :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for your patience. Have a great weekend! :)

• rwfisheriv
    rwfisheriv
    Community Member
    Options

Have same issue...send in diagnostic report, reference #YVX-96232-652

• AndyAndy
    AndyAndy
    Community Member
    Options

Ever since the most recent update (6.5) when I login into my iPhone 1Password vault I am immediately prompted for a request to enter my iTunes password. If I cancel, I once again prompted. If I leave the session (to copy passwords to an external app or browser) and return I am once again prompted for the iTunes password.

This occurs on BOTH my iPhone 7 and iPhone 6 Plus. Both iPhones have the latest IOS versions.

I tested this using both finger print and password access with exactly the same result - prompting for iTunes password.

iTunes store, iCloud, iMessage, and all other function without issue and unnecessarily prompting for passwords.

Can you please assist?

With Gratitude in advance of assistance.

1Password Version: 6.5
    OS Version: IOS 10.2
    Sync Type: WLAN
    Referrer: forum-search:1Password Pro IOS constantly asking for itunes password

• pdboyer
    pdboyer
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Me too...it's truly annoying. I'm using iOs 10.1.1 on my iPad Air Mini

• Aaaah
    Aaaah
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Continuing to get the iTunes log in prompt
    Sent diagnostic report reference #UHU-85467-134

• douglasfenton
    douglasfenton
    Community Member
    Options

Problem has been reported fix in next version in thread above

Now if only they would fix that ssl bug for 1browser not allowing self signed certificate on local home networks... think it's been a year +

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pdboyer, @AndyAndy: If you authenticate with your Apple ID, does the prompt go away? We're working on an update that might help with a similar issue, but in the mean time simply logging in should get rid of those pesky authentication prompts. Let me know if that helps! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rwfisheriv, @Aaaah: If you authenticate with your Apple ID as MrRooni suggested, does the prompt go away? As he mentioned, we're working on an update to address this, but that should help in the mean time. Let us know how it turns out! :)

@douglasfenton: I don't think I'd call it a bug that Safari rejects an invalid certificate, but we'll see if we can at least give you a workaround with some options there in the future. ;)

ref: OPI-2914

• Aaaah
    Aaaah
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty If you're asking if the prompt goes away after I enter my Apple ID password into the prompt, yes, initially it does go away. But it comes back when I exit 1Password & come back so that's no better 'work around' than just dismissing it twice, IMO.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Aaaah: Got it. Sometimes there's a simple solution, but in this case we'll have to do better. Thanks for your patience!

• ThunderGate01
    ThunderGate01
    Community Member
    Options

Why am I being asked to enter my iTunes/Apple acc't pw every time I open 1Pass on my iPad Pro & iPhone. This has been going on for about one week. It's annoying.

1Password Version: 6.5
    OS Version: iOS 10.2
    Sync Type: ICloud
    Referrer: forum-search:Why am I being asked to enter my iTunes/Apple account password every time I open 1Password?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ThunderGate01

Sorry for the trouble. I've merged your thread with another on the same topic. Please see above. This will be fixed in the next update.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pdboyer,

1Password does not collect your iTunes credentials (unless you create a 1Password item for them). The authentication is to Apple, not us. But we are working on a fix for the multiple prompts and it will be included in the next update. Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

Updated app doesn't prompt for the iTunes password on iOS 10.2.1 Beta 1 anymore :)

• swift
    swift
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. Can't wait to see if 6.5.1 knocks it out.
    Sounds like you have all the log reports you need.

• Ben
    Options

Yep, we should be set for now. Thanks! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.