Password not filling in for PlayOLG

Hi there, thought you might like to know: the 1Password Extension is not filling in the password field on https://www.playolg.ca

Username fills in properly, but I need to copy and paste the password into the site.

1Password Version: 1Password 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 1Password 6.1.308d
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @armz. Thanks for your post; I'm sorry for the trouble you're having! I just tried some dummy credentials on that site (with this as the sign in page) both saved manually from the browser and also saved outside the browser in the main application. Both of these worked for me.

Then I realized you're on 1Password 6 for Windows. I then tested on Windows and I was able to reproduce the problem you're seeing. A quick check shows that the instructions for filling the page don't contain anything for the password field and I can also see that it's taking a slightly different code path from what is happening on Mac. I don't know much more than that right now; we'll need to do some additional investigation to figure out what is going awry there. I've opened a bug report to look into it.

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

ref: BRAIN-333

• drumeo
    drumeo
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. I know it may be a one-off case for AgileBits but I access this page all the time. We would appreciate any updates.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @drumeo,

Thanks for writing in - unfortunately we found that the web page itself isn't specifying the input field it's using to accept the PIN as a password field in the underlying HTML code that describes the web page (this is where the 1Password app looks to try and "understand" the web page during filling). Specifying an input field with a type of password is a standard practise that all websites should be following where ever they need to accept password-like data from users.

1Password for Mac currently does provide a workaround for this website which uses the "Save New Login" feature in 1Password Mini. While 1Password for Windows just recently got this feature added it doesn't work due to a limitation in 1Password for Windows where it will ignore requests to save a new Login if there is no password field on the web page.

I'm very sorry but there isn't a workaround for this yet :( however the good news is that this will be fixed in an upcoming release of 1Password for Windows. I don't have a timeline for when but it is being worked.

Thanks for checking in with us and welcome to the Forum! :chuffed:

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: OPW6-1084

This discussion has been closed.