Windows 10 1password V6 doesn't allow me to edit any login.

Options
Fidelfs
Fidelfs
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Long time user for 1 password using Mac computers.
I use the normal 1password accounts, I do not have the family or something similar.
I use dropbox to sync my data between my macs and tablets.
I have a brand new computer (built myself). Windows 10 fresh install in hard drive.
I have applied all the Win 10 updates the system recommended.
I downloaded the Windows version and installed dropbox, I can see my data that was in my macs.
I tried to change a password using the chrome extension, but it doesn't allow me to do that. I tried to use the desktop version instead same result. The edit icon is grayed out.
I went to my mac and made the password change, I was expecting to behave same as my macs updating using dropbox. It didn't.
No password change.
I had to manually sync to see the password updated.
The windows 10 version 6 doesn't behave as the counterpart in Mac OS X. If I try to generate a new password, it doesn't fill the fields in windows chrome browser. It has only "copy" option instead of fill as in Mac.
what can I do with this "windows" version.

1Password
Version 6.2.1 (621001)
Mac App Store
OSX 10.11.5

Windows 10 shows something called "All vaults" and it has 2 values : Dropbox and 1Password

1Password 6.1.308d
Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 OS build 14393.576

Sync type using dropbox

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Fidelfs,

Thanks for writing in. I apologize for the confusion but 1Password 6 for Windows is limited to 1Password.com customers at the moment, it is not yet an upgrade available for local vaults customers. We're working on implementing full support for local vaults as soon as possible but for now, you'll have to use 1Password 4 for Windows from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

• Fidelfs
    Fidelfs
    Community Member
    Options

I just downloaded the version 4. It asked me for a license. I thought i can use 1 password in all my computers.

Is that not the case?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Fidelfs: A 1Password for Windows license entitles you to use it on all of your PCs. Did you purchase one, or are you a 1Password.com subscriber instead? If you'll give us a better sense of your situation I'm sure we can help. It may be best to email support+forums@agilebits.com though, in case it involves private purchase information. Just be sure to attach your receipt and then also post the Support ID you receive here so I can find it and get back to you quickly.

This discussion has been closed.