Safari extension won‘t connect to 1password anymore

Options
alwi
alwi
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

Hello,

since today, my Safari extension won‘t work anymore (it did work a few hours after the update to MacOS 10.12.2 though).
Every time I'll open it, I get the error message "Couldn‘t connect to 1password […]", it then starts 1password for like a second, closes it again, and that‘s it. But it still won‘t open in Safari.

What I already tried:

• Reinstall the extension
  • Uninstall/reinstall the App (including the settings in the Library folders)
  • Uninstall both completely and reinstall

It doesn't help :-(

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• alwi
    alwi
    Community Member
    Options

I meanwhile also tried the extended attributes repair with the diagnostics program – no success.

• randy
    randy
    Community Member
    Options

Me too. After MacOS 10.12.2 upgrade. The extension is triggered by the usual keyboard shortcut, but does not reach 1Password

• alwi
    alwi
    Community Member
    Options

Fortunately, I was able to resolve this issue for me by also deleting the 1password related stuff in the Library folder and actually rebooting after that. Then the reinstall fixed it. :chuffed:

• Hi @alwi! I'm glad to hear you were able to get things fixed up. :)

@randy If you're still having trouble, to get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.