Firefox extension does not recognize my existing Vault

Options
Bob406
Bob406
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Greetings—
I have successfully installed the 1Password v6.1.308 program and the Firefox extension on my personal laptop and my ASUS tablet (both Windows 10). I followed the directions for tweaking the Firefox extension certificate without a problem. They work great and I am very pleased with 1Password.

However, after the first two successful installations, I tried installing onto my office laptop computer (Lenovo running Windows 10). I installed 1Password v6.1.308 which seems to work well, showing the same list of sites I added after the first two installations. I started the 1Password program on my Lenovo and then I loaded the Firefox extension v4.6.2 as on the other two computers and it seemed to install fine. However, when I click on the Firefox Extension icon on the Firefox toolbar, the "Welcome to 1Password" screen comes up (attached).

I hadn’t seen this screen on the previous installs so was a bit surprised. Since I am using 1Password on my other computers, I clicked on “I have used 1Password before” and then was asked to open the existing Password vault. I thought the Vault was encrypted on your 1Password server, since I did not have to transfer any files from my initial laptop install to my tablet. Also, I cannot find any Agilekeychain or OPvault files on either my initial laptop or my tablet. I am not using Dropbox to sync. I have looked through your Support site and can’t find an answer. So I am confused and respectfully request your assistance. Thank you and best wishes.

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not sure
Referrer: forum-search:I have used 1Password before

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Bob406,

You seem to have downloaded a copy of 1Password 4 for Windows based on that image. What I would recommend doing in uninstalling 1Password 4 and then if you go to the Get the Apps page when you view your 1Password account in a web browser (it's reachable via the small menu in the upper right hand corner) you will find a link to 1Password 6 for Windows and have the QR code easily accessible to help with signing into 1Password 6.

That should get things sorted out :smile: but please do tell us if you're still experiencing trouble.

• Bob406
    Bob406
    Community Member
    Options

Bingo! That fixed it. While uninstalling I found that while I was thrashing about on my own, uninstalling and reinstalling 1P several times before I sent this forum query, I had installed both 1P4 and 1P6, as you suspected. So I uninstalled both, reinstalled 1P6 and everything is working fine. Thank you very much for your great assistance, and have a good day.
    --Bob406

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad we could @Bob406 :smile:

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance but hopefully 1Password runs smoothly for you now.

This discussion has been closed.