remove vault

bluenotecafe
bluenotecafe
Community Member

Hi-

I am running 6.5.2 on Mac OS 10.11.6

I have an empty vault I would like to remove, how do I go about doing that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:remove vault

Comments

• Hi @bluenotecafe! You can remove the empty vault by clicking the vault menu in the top left of 1Password and choosing the vault. Then, in the menu bar, click 1Password -> Delete Vault and confirm your choice. Hope that helps! :)

• bluenotecafe
    bluenotecafe
    Community Member

Oh there it is, thanks Jacob!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Jacob, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

• balinterdi
    balinterdi
    Community Member

Hey,

I have the same problem but I don't see the "Delete Vault" option you recommend:

I use desktop version 6.5.3.

Could you recommend how I could delete the vault?

Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @balinterdi,

Are you trying to delete a vault named 'Primary'? If so, and if you aren't using a 1Password.com account, you won't be able to delete the Primary vault.

Or, if you're using a 1Password.com account and want to delete one of your account vaults, you'll need to do that from the 1Password.com site. Just sign into your account on 1Password.com, click the edit ("pencil") icon on the vault, and click Delete Vault. Keep in mind that you won't be able to delete the 'Personal' vault (or the 'Shared' vault in a Families account).

Does that help? Please let us know if you have more questions, thanks! :)

• balinterdi
    balinterdi
    Community Member

Hey Drew,

No, I'm using the old, non-subscription based, desktop version of 1Password (6.5.3).

I'm not trying to remove my Primary vault, but the one belonging to the client (let's call it "Acme Co."). 1Password at one point suggested that I import the notes from there into a new vault and I confirmed. Which I now regret and that's why I want to delete the (Acme co.) vault.

Thank you for your help!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @balinterdi

Thank you for giving us a couple more details, this helps a lot! Could you please go to 1Password and check that you have the vault you want to delete selected? If you're on "All vaults" view the options doesn't appear. You can check this on the top left corner in 1Password, just under the close icons. If you've got the vault you need to delete selected and you still don't get the option on the menu please let us know and we'll keep on digging :chuffed:

• balinterdi
    balinterdi
    Community Member

Hey Pilar,

Please find a recorded video about the missing "remove vault" menu item. The vault I'd like to delete is the one named "Localistico":

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @balinterdi

Thank you very much for that animation, it does solve the mystery :chuffed: If you have a personal and a shared vault it means that you're dealing with an account, and if I understand correctly you want to remove both Personal and Shared from your computer and just keep Primary, right? If this is the case, then please go to 1Password Preferences and pick the option Accounts. When you're there just pick "Sign out" and you should be all set :chuffed:

Please let us know if this does the trick!

• balinterdi
    balinterdi
    Community Member

Thank you, Pilar, that did the trick!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Pilar, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• hoffmanns
    hoffmanns
    Community Member

I have a somilar issue. I switched over from a single licence user to family user and copied all my items from the primary to the private vault. Now I want to remove the primary vault but cannot remove the vault. What to do?

• hoffmanns
    hoffmanns
    Community Member

I found it! I first had to remove another local vault I called "Work". After that I could remove "Primary" as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, you cannot disable local vaults if you have secondary vaults setup in the app. They need to be removed first. Glad that helped!

This discussion has been closed.