EZ Pass web site -- Open and Fill not working

Options
mike429
mike429
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a login item for the Virginia EZ-Pass web site: https://www.ezpassva.com/Login/Login.aspx. On my Mac, when I attempt "open and fill" from either the 1PW application or the Firefox extension, the following happens: (1) the correct login page loads in the browser, (2) user name and password are filled, and (3) instead of logging in to EZ-Pass, I get directed to an error page https://www.virginia.gov/search?searchStr=Search Virginia.gov.

If I go to the login page and paste my user ID and password from 1PW, then login proceeds correctly when I click the "Login" button on the EZ-Pass web site. I tried creating a brand new login item in 1PW, but that didn't help. Here are some potentially useful clues:

(a) At the very top of the EZ-Pass web site, there is a search field labeled "Search Virginia.gov", with a "Go" button.
(b) The Web form details for my login item includes this label/value pair: [ctl00$txtKeyWord, Search Virginia.gov].
(c) The error page to which I am misdirected is a search results page for Virginia.gov.

It seems pretty clear to me that after 1PW loads and fills the EZ-Pass page, it is clicking the "Go" button for Search Virginia.gov rather than clicking the "Login" button below the User Name and Password fields.

Could you please confirm and advise? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Drop-box

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mike429,

I'm actually really puzzled by what's going on there. The issue is only in Firefox as Safari and Vivaldi both work exactly as expected with the same Login item and it happens even with a basic Login item that only contains a username and password. After doing a bit of debugging I see us trying to simulate the enter key being pressed in the password field but as you say, it acts as if we've attempted to interact with the search field.

All I can think of is that the page doesn't like our attempt to mimic pressing the enter key as I see the following error.

An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 0

What it doesn't like and why aren't clear but it isn't because 1Password is trying to interact with the search field. If Firefox is your preferred browser it seems the best option for now will be to turn auto-submit for this particular item off. If you edit the Login item you'll find an option appears titled submit. The default value is Submit when enabled but if you set it to Never submit and save 1Password will leave focus in the password field and you can simply press enter after the filling has occurred. The weird bit is that's all our submit feature does - mimic pressing the enter key on the field that already has focus. Sorry about this.

• mike429
    mike429
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the investigation. I can confirm that login works as expected with Safari. The work-around you suggested is perfectly fine for now. Maybe when Firefox gets to version 51 or 52 I'll try again with auto-submit. Thanks again.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mike429,

I apologise that I couldn't come up with something better but I'm glad the workaround helps. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance :smile:

This discussion has been closed.