Can you please help me load SplashID unscrambled records into 1Password?

Options
jjeffbarnes
jjeffbarnes
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

Used Splashing 7.2.2 database and did the vid export as instructed. Then went in Mac version of 1Password and attempted import. Records came in, but all scrambled. I attempted to repeat the process without a password (which I think I might have used the first time when I did the export), and it won't let me import the new files. Help!

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.2
Sync Type: Import
Referrer: forum-search:Trying to import SplashId 7.2.2 database into 1 Password. Exported VID file, import is scrambled

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@jjeffbarnes,

Did you use the native 1Password importer, or the splashid converter in the converter suite? If the former, please try the splashid converter instead. Use the 1.09 version in Testing Bits, the link being in the first post of the thread.

Follow the README.pdf instructions and you should be able to convert and import your data.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjeffbarnes,

I hope MrC's reply helped you to import that data into 1Password! If you're still having trouble or have any questions about that, please let us know and we'll be happy to help. :)

• Irish_Mafia
    Irish_Mafia
    Community Member
    Options

It worked. SplashID is a royal PITA !! Glad to kick it to the curb!

However, I have one major concern.... Help me understand. Your Apple Script took my SplashID .vid file, that's supposedly encrypted and password protected and converted it to a .1pif / 1Password file, which I imported into 1Password with no password required.

How is that?! Did you break the encryption and/or password? Or, is it just that easy to crack, and anyone that steals a .vid file can do this?

• Irish_Mafia
    Irish_Mafia
    Community Member
    Options

It worked, the AppleScript finally worked after I tried 4 different backed up .vid files. SplashID is a royal PITA !! Glad to kick it to the curb!

However, I have one major concern.... Help me understand. Your Apple Script took my SplashID .vid file, that's supposedly encrypted and password protected and converted it to a .1pif / 1Password file, which I imported into 1Password with no password required.

How is that?! Did you break the encryption and/or password? Or, is it just that easy to crack, and anyone that steals a .vid file can do this?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options

@Irish_Mafia ,

A SplashID VID file can be either encrypted or not - its an option you set during the export. The converter does not decode an encrypted (i.e. password protected) VID file. So you must have supplied it with a non-encrypted one.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options

@Irish_Mafia - I commented at your identical post here.

• Irish_Mafia
    Irish_Mafia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that's a relief. However, Splash ID gives you no such option, at least on the version I have (8.1.0.944); it just exports an .zip containing the .vid file. I recall it asking for a password and encryption in the past..... another reason to kick it to the curb. I even have a Lifetime membership.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options

@Irish_Mafia ,

Perhaps they've removed the option in 8.x. I know they botched the export format / process in a recent version of 8.x (and I've recommended users drop back to a pre-December version to export before converting).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Irish_Mafia,

I noticed you posted the same question in another thread. To avoid confusion, I moved that post to this thread where MrC has already replied to you.

If you have more questions about 1Password or need more help, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.