Need to download Windows phone app

Options

I need to download 1Password for Windows phone. It does not appear in the Store. Has it been withdrawn?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows phone

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @GuyChapman,

Universal 1Password app has indeed been removed from the Microsoft Store.

We have plans for updating the app with the current set of features you see in 1Password 6 for Windows and we are working on making them a reality. Right now I don't have any timeframe when UWP app will be back from its vacation. I am really sorry for this inconvenience! We will be bringing it back soon and we're sorry that its not there.

++
    Greg

• GuyChapman
    GuyChapman
    Community Member
    Options

This is a bit of a nuisance as it was not working on my phone (not synchronising) so I went for an uninstall and reinstall. Uninstall worked fine, reinstall not so much without any app in the store...

• simra
    simra
    Community Member
    Options

This is an unpleasant surprise as I had to update my phone today and I'm faced with the tedious task of manually thumbing in a lot of 20-character passwords. Does it cost you anything to keep the old app in the store until you have a replacement? Was there a security issue?

• We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you and other customers. We had to remove the app from the Windows Store for several reasons rooted in the development process.

We are planning on bringing the app back to the Windows Store as soon as we can.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

• MrKWatkins
    MrKWatkins
    Community Member
    Options

Is there nothing you can do here? The old app was working fine on my Windows 10 phone until I had to reinstall it - the Dropbox login doesn't seem to work anymore. The reason I bought 1Password was the Windows Phone support - not great that you've removed it!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MrKWatkins: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! We do not and have never sold a Windows Phone version of 1Password. As you pointed out, a lot has changed since the old Windows Store UWP app was last updated, so reinstating it wouldn't really help anyway. We're working on an updated UWP app that will work for Windows Phone users, but I can't say for certain when it will be completed. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but it is, unfortunately, less troublesome than keeping an outdated, broken app in the store for people to install. :(

• MrKWatkins
    MrKWatkins
    Community Member
    Options

"We do not and have never sold a Windows Phone version of 1Password." - well you had a Windows Phone app in the store (I know because I've been using it since 2014) and that was the reason I bought the full version of 1Password.

Note that the app is still (sort of) in the store - because I have used it in the past I can download and reinstall it still, as I did the other day.

"I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but it is, unfortunately, less troublesome than keeping an outdated, broken app in the store for people to install." - well it's less troublesome for you maybe. The whole thing is much more troublesome for me however as I can't use 1Password on my phone anymore!

Can I apply for a full or partial refund as I can't use your software anymore? I paid $69.99 for the software, which is a lot, and now I can't use it anymore after only two and a bit years.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @MrKWatkins,

Thanks for writing back.

I think what Brenty meant was that there was no official version of 1Password for Windows Phone that was offered for sale nor included in any license purchase. We were offering these WP/UWP versions as beta versions or limited reader-only in the case of the original Windows Phone app, they were not meant to be used full time nor come with any support by us.

You can still use the program you bought for, 1Password 4 for Windows, which does not include access to any other 1Password apps, the Windows Phone version was never included as part of any bundle and it never had any fees either. However, we cannot give you any kind of refund after 2+ years of full use and especially since 1Password 4 is still working fine on Windows and supported by us.

• bkbkroon
    bkbkroon
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Dear friends at Agilebits,

I am running into exactly the same issue as so many other Windows Phone users are. I have just reinstalled my Windows Phone and I can not connect 1Password to my Dropbox since the button stays greyed out during the setup.
    And as I read above it is considered bad luck for me and all other 1Password users with Windows Phones.

This being Agilebit providing a Windows Phone app. which has worked perfectly fine for me, for us users, for the past years.
    Quite a few of us, I dare say most of us if not all of us, have made a decision to purchase 1Password based upon the fact that it is available on -beside other platforms- also on Windows Phone. I also dare say most of us were not even (fully) aware that this was only a beta version. And if we were aware of it it was with the logical expectation it would be followed by a regular release. **
    The argument that we can't complain since we did not pay for it as MikeT/Agilebits writes, I consider unfair. **We decided to purchase 1Password because of it's availability on the platforms which we use. And, as in my case, I have purchased a family license which is cross platform, since I use multiple PC's, an iPad and Windows Phone.
    If the Windows Phone app would not have existed i would NOT have purchased 1Password since it would have defied it's purpose for me having my usernames, creditcard details, passwords, pincodes with me all the time.

And unfortunately in the answers of BrentY and MikeT there is no clarity if and when (if at all) we can expect 1Password to return to the Windows Mobile platform.

Your answer is now forcing me and many other Windows Phone to look for an alternative since it seems you do not understand why we purchased 1Password at the first place and the implications this now has for us; no longer having access of our account information, passwords, pin codes in a day to day setting while we are away from home.

I am sure I speak on behalf of ALL Windows Phone users: please let us know if and when (as in what timeframe) we can expect the return of the Windows Phone App.

When you don't come up with a good answer you will certainly loose most if not all of your customers which have purchased 1Password for the reason it supported Windows Phone.

And for us, your customers, it will mean beig frustrated with Agilebits and having no choice but taking our loss and annoyingly start the tedious job of migrating all our data to another program and supplier.

Help us please. We want to stay with you.

With kind regards,
    Bin Kroon

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I also dare say most of us were not even (fully) aware that this was only a beta version.

@bkbkroon: I'm really sorry for the confusion that caused. For a very long time (until this past summer), the app was known as "1Password Alpha" because it was still at a very early stage of development. It was promoted to beta at that time, but a Windows Store issue resulted in the desktop app replacing that.

And if we were aware of it it was with the logical expectation it would be followed by a regular release.

Perfectly understandable, and it absolutely will. It just isn't ready yet.

The argument that we can't complain since we did not pay for it as MikeT/Agilebits writes, I consider unfair.

That's not what we're saying. You're perfectly within your rights to complain. If you and others here didn't, we wouldn't know anyone cared and would likely deprioritize it as a result. It's not something we're happy about either, but we just don't have a new version that is compatible with phones to offer you yet.

And unfortunately in the answers of BrentY and MikeT there is no clarity if and when (if at all) we can expect 1Password to return to the Windows Mobile platform.

You're right. We don't have a release date to offer because it is very much a work in progress. Things may go smoothly and according to plan, or we could run into all sorts of roadblocks in development and testing. The truth probably lies somewhere in between though. If we're able to establish a reasonable ETA closer to release, we'll let you know. But it's more likely that we'll simply be able to offer a release candidate when the time comes, rather than saying it's coming soon.

Your answer is now forcing me and many other Windows Phone to look for an alternative since it seems you do not understand why we purchased 1Password at the first place and the implications this now has for us; no longer having access of our account information, passwords, pin codes in a day to day setting while we are away from home.

We do understand any sympathize. And while that makes us even more determined to get it ready for you and everyone else here who depends on the Windows Phone platform, unfortunately that doesn't change the reality: that we have more work to do before we have something for you to use.

I am sure I speak on behalf of ALL Windows Phone users: please let us know if and when (as in what timeframe) we can expect the return of the Windows Phone App.
    When you don't come up with a good answer you will certainly loose most if not all of your customers which have purchased 1Password for the reason it supported Windows Phone.

We don't want to lose you, but at the same time we're not going to lie to get you to stay. Any time frame we offer right now would be inaccurate at best or, at worst, an outright lie, and that's not something we're comfortable with.

And for us, your customers, it will mean beig frustrated with Agilebits and having no choice but taking our loss and annoyingly start the tedious job of migrating all our data to another program and supplier.
    Help us please. We want to stay with you.

Thank you. We know you just want to be able to use 1Password on your Windows Phone, and we're working as hard as we can to make that possible.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Is the 1Password for Win Phone 8.1 Alpha still available for download? I am asking as that's what Ihave on my Lumia Phone which stuck at WinPhone 8.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: It should be in your purchase history if you downloaded it previously on that account. It just isn't available for new installs since it was pulled. But it's incredibly outdated and limited, so I'm not sure it's a great option for anyone. :(

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thanks Brent. I had to double check because, as it happens, I had some WinPhone 8.1 app disappear on me as Microsoft saw fit to completely remove them irrespective of whether they've been previously downloaded or not.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Indeed, I think it works pretty similar to Apple's App Stores in that even discontinued apps (such as 1Password 3) can be accessed through the user's purchase history, but Microsoft can remove all traces of them if needed.

• bkbkroon
    bkbkroon
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thank you Brent for answering and clarifying things.
    Still leaves me suddenly incredibly handicapped having lost the daily access to my usernames and passwords.

There is one thing I just do not understand: why not continue the current 'beta' release which I, we, have been using for the past years; first on Win8 mobile, then Win8.1 mobile and now for over the past 8 months or so on the Win10 mobile platform. This has run perfectly fine up to now and it clearly is compatible with my phone. I have only decided to reinstall my phone.

Currently I have 1Password installed from my purchase history! So why won't it work?
    The only issue I am facing is that during the setup it won't allow me to enter my Dropbox credentials. (greyed out icon)

So why won't it allow me to connect up to my Dropbox?
    Hope you can explain this.

Kind regards,
    Bin

• Hi @bkbkroon,

I just tested this on my Lumia and I was able to sign into Dropbox, locate my vault, type my password and it added the vault.

The only issue I am facing is that during the setup it won't allow me to enter my Dropbox credentials. (greyed out icon)

Which icon is grayed out? Could you take a screenshot or photo of that to show us the issue. I didn't see any icon on the Dropbox sign-in page, so I'm not even sure what the icon is for.

• bkbkroon
    bkbkroon
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your response.
    These are the screencaps which I get after running it for the first time after reinstallation.
    As you can see the "Sign In" icon remains greyed out.

Kind regards,
    Bin

• Hi @bkbkroon,

That's a very old build that we no longer support, there's another one that was released later with Windows 10 support. It should look like this:

Can you go through My Library list again, there may be another 1Password app. It should have this logo:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I may have missed it but did @bkbkroon mention his WinPhone model? I know my Lumia 920 is incapable of being upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile and UWP. It may be that Dropbox only works with later versions now as we know what happened to Dropbox wrt 1PasswordAnywhere. Dropbox also changed their API.

I have checked and am having sync issues with my Lumia. I did change my Dropbox password so what happened to my Lumia 920 may have no bearing on what's happening with @bkbkroon.

• bkbkroon
    bkbkroon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response. At first I didn't see the new version but I found it at the end underneath the "hidden apps" tab.
    Ran it and now I again have full access to my 1Password data on my Win10 Mobile phone! :-)
    Also I realized I had used the old version up to now instead of this one. The reason? Confusion. Two different versons available with distincty different icons and so many 'look alike' programs around that for safety I decided to stick with what I had.
    (f.e. there is also an iPassword and iPassword Pro app in the MS store available, having very similar icons as 1Password)

Regarding the models I use: Lumia 930, Lumia 950 and my latest the Lumia 950XL. All running Windows 10 Mobile and now all running 1Password with Dropbox. (btw: all running the Microsoft slow-developer mode)

One last question: I want my wife to start using 1Password as well on her Lumia 640/Win10M. Is there a possibility of doing so?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

At first I didn't see the new version but I found it at the end underneath the "hidden apps" tab.

@bkbkroon: Agh! That explains it. I'm glad you were able to find it there finally!

Also I realized I had used the old version up to now instead of this one. The reason? Confusion. Two different versons available with distincty different icons and so many 'look alike' programs around that for safety I decided to stick with what I had.

That makes perfect sense. When in doubt, ask us (which you did, of course!) Indeed, this is part of what we're working toward with the next release: a single Windows app for less confusion — for all of us.

Regarding the models I use: Lumia 930, Lumia 950 and my latest the Lumia 950XL. All running Windows 10 Mobile and now all running 1Password with Dropbox. (btw: all running the Microsoft slow-developer mode)

Good to know! We'll certainly appreciate any feedback you offer as we continue to develop it to hear how it's working for you on a variety of devices.

One last question: I want my wife to start using 1Password as well on her Lumia 640/Win10M. Is there a possibility of doing so?

If she's able to use your Microsoft account to install it, or she's previously "purchased" 1Password on here own, then she'll be able to install it the way you did. But it sounds like that may not be the case for her, since you said "start using". In that case, we'll kindly ask you to bear with us as we ready the next version. Inconvenient, I know. But on the plus side, she should have a much better first time user experience once it's available.

• gmolter
    gmolter
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Windows Phone support. You are the one app preventing me to switch. Please come back :-)

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @gmolter, we will. We like the UWP platform and it does have a much better interface. Hopefully, it'll be soon.

• IGHOR
    IGHOR
    Community Member
    Options

LastPass works great on Windows Phone, need 1Password app on WP also.

• MikeT
    Options

We're working on it but it will take a while, our focus has been on the desktop but we want to get back to the mobile app soon.

• xceno
    xceno
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this? Is it still going to happen?

This discussion has been closed.