To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync - Dropbox vs 1Password

Options
anthonya
anthonya
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for a few years now. I have the Windows (multiple computers) and iOS (iPhone &iPad). I have always used dropbox to sync between devices, but I'm not sure if that is the best option. I'm a little confused on differences between the 1Password and Dropbox sync. If possible, please tell what the difference between the 1Password & Dropbox sync. What do you recommend? Also, is there any future development of more third party sync options? Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 & 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @anthonya! Thanks for using 1Password over the years. :) Dropbox has been a good sync option over the years. 1Password.com gave us some opportunities to develop really cool first-party features like:

• Quick and easy sharing. If you want to share passwords, credit cards, and other items with your friends or family, upgrade to a family account and create some vaults to share with them. You can share with your coworkers using 1Password Teams too.
    • Sign in to your account to sync. On any device, whether that's a iPhone, iPad, MacBook Android phone, or Windows computer, you can sign in to your account using your account code and Master Password in just a few seconds after installing the app.
    • Oh, and the apps are included. Since 1Password.com accounts are subscriptions, you get all the apps. So if you change to a Mac sometime down the road, just install the app and sign in and you're set.
    • Restore deleted or changed items. If a change was made to an item and it needs to be reverted, fret not. It can easily be rolled back from 1Password.com.
    • View, edit, and add items from a browser. You’ll always have access to your data on 1Password.com, even if you're away from the devices you typically use.
    • It's moving forward. Since 1Password.com sync is developed by us, we can change almost everything about it. It was created for 1Password and 1Password only. That means if there's an issue, we can fix it on our end immediately.

To answer your question about third-party sync options, we're always open to feedback. Right now, the team is focused on improving the 1Password.com experience since it's youthful still. I can't say for sure what we'll do next but that's where we're at for the moment. As you can imagine, I recommend 1Password.com for syncing. :)

This discussion has been closed.