To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moving 1Password account data back to 1Password local vaults

Options
adamhendrickson
adamhendrickson
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Memberships

Set up a 1Password account not knowing it was a paid service and moved all data to the associated vault. As have purged the old vault how do I export all of my data from my 1Password account vault and import it to a 1Password 4 or DropBox compatible vault?

1Password Version: 6.1.308B (Windows)
_Extension Version: N/A
_OS Version: 6.5.1 (iOS)
_Sync Type: DropBox, Local
_Referrer
: forum-search:Moving 1Password account data back to 1Password local vaults

Comments

• Hi @adamhendrickson! I'm sorry there was some confusion. We can help you get back to the standalone version of 1Password. You will need to do this on your iOS device since 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't support writing to vaults outside accounts. There are a few specifics to go over regarding your setup, so I'll email you the options and we'll take it from there.

ref: GHL-34982-418

• jonaswi
    jonaswi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jacob

I also want to export my 1password.com accounts vaults back to a normal .opvault local vault.
    Can you give me some advice here?

Thanks,
    Jonas

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@jonaswi - To get back to using 1Password standalone, you'll need to move your existing items from your Personal vault (that's the one connected to your account) to your Primary vault (a local vault used in standalone).
    To learn how to move items between vaults please see this knowledge base article.

Once the Personal vault is empty, you can sign out of your account via Settings > Accounts. There you'll find an option to Sign out. Please make sure you sign out on all your devices.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any additional information. I’ll be happy to help! :)

• mr_morris
    mr_morris
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I also want to go back to sync with Dropbox instead of your 1Password paid service. Could you please publish the steps to do that? Or why is it so secret that you need to send it via mail?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mr_morris There's no secret here at all. Jacob put it quite well:

We can help you get back to the standalone version of 1Password. You will need to do this on your iOS device since 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't support writing to vaults outside accounts. There are a few specifics to go over regarding your setup, so I'll email you the options and we'll take it from there.

Please contact us and we'll be happy to work with you on this. :)

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number when you contact us.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that your issue is dealt with quickly. :)

• mr_morris
    mr_morris
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I already solve it, thanks anyway.
    I hope AgileBits won't force everyone to move to their service just because it wasn't rentable for them to sell just the app and get benefits just for whom wants to upgrade version. I understand they want a constant flux of money, but not everyone wants to be slaved to a service like this, or Spotify, Dropbox, etc., they should keep other standalone options. Just my 2 cents. Please don't became greedy and keep this nice app with a standalone version.

Regards,
    Morris

8-)

• Hi @mr_morris - Thank you for updating us and I'm happy to hear everything is working properly. I also appreciate you taking the time to send us over some feedback. I completely understand where you are coming from and thank you again for sharing. Your two-cents is important to us :-) Let us know if you have any further questions or feedback, the door is always open.

• ram535ii
    ram535ii
    Community Member
    Options

Hey team,

I've also stumbled across the same issue. It would be great if a proper guide could be written up on how to do this. I think I will be able to piece it together from the comments above, but it took me ages to find this thread and is really a pity for someone who really values the standalone model. Maybe link it in the FAQ?

Thanks,
    Constantijn

• Hi @ram535ii - Sorry for the troubles and I'm glad you came across this thread :-) We appreciate the constructive feedback and I will make sure to mention this to my team. Let us know if you have any additional questions and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

• ram535ii
    ram535ii
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank thanks for the response. In the meantime I was linked this by your team on Twitter: https://support.1password.com/cs/migrate-standalone/

It covers my issue exactly :)

• That's great to hear.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.